Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

entertaining newborn?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

How do you entertain your nb?  Mine is 3 wks and starting to be awake more during the day.  I noticed he doesn't really like to be bored, but one thing will only hold his interest for so long.  Like, I can only get a couple hours of Moby wear before he is sick of it.  Same with the stroller.  The bouncer he lasts about 10 minutes at most.  I hold him and talk to him face to face, which he likes, but for the most part I don't know how to entertain him.  I think he likes a lot of stimulation.  He likes going out for walks and such.  I even noticed he started watching the computer screen when I'm watching youtube vids.  Eek!  I don't want my 3 wk old watching TV already!  What do you do to keep yours entertained while they are awake?  If mine is bored he tends to fuss or yell.  

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:36 AM
I talk to him or read to him. Tummy time, walks, music (something calming/not over stimulating), put him in the swing or bouncy seat. He's pretty content with sitting in his bouncy seat/swing listening to and watching what's going on. He's not a big fan of tummy time after lunchtime. Guess he's a morning person like our oldest two.
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:46 AM

She will sit in her bouncer for an hour At most. She will be in the carrier for over an hour then knock out. For the most part she is content as long as her tummy is full...but once 11pm hits she gets cranky short naps 10-20 min here and there. I talk to her sing to her read to her etc but at night I feel like she thinks she will miss something. I told her we are not gonna have a party with out you...

mrs.hartman12
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM
I broke out Victoria floor mat she got for Christmas yesterday. That kept her entertained for about 30 minutes.
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:02 AM
I talk to him, we sing (me and my 2 yr old), I'll put on his floor mat or we will do some tummy time. I need to set up our swing but it just takes up so much space
Azure
by Representative on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM

So far ours is happy with us talking to her and looking around at her siblings. It's been way too cold for walks here, but she does like being held by her daddy and him showing her around the house.

linnyleo
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Hazel has been using her floor may play gym since about 2 weeks old. She will just look around in it for about an hour at a time. But she hates to sit in her bouncy seat too. She'll start yelling (not crying but yelling) and I'll have to move her to a more stimulating spot. Lol
MommyJill87
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:15 PM
She just hangs out or is being harassed by one of her sisters. I talk to her, sing, make weird faces.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)