Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it too cold to go outside where you are?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM
  • 20 Replies

We're in MN and have wind chills in the negatives, so we don't go out unless we absolutely have to. I'm thankful every day that we have a garage and can get the kids into the car without having to expose them to the elements!

How cold is it where you are?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Here in El Paso it drops anywhere between the low twenties to low thirties at night but still gets between low fifties to mid sixties during the day. And people actually complain about it being cold when its 50 out! I'm from MA so I love the fact that its still this warm out and I will grt strange looks when. I'm out in a light sweatshirt when it's 50 because all the natives are in winter coats. Lol
fungirl09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I'm with you in MN wow is it ever cold!! Good thing school was cold the last 2 days. I have a underground heated garage so that helps *if* needed to leave. So far we have all been staying put in the house. I did run out yesterday for a short time alone.

Not sure about your area but on Monday ALL area grocery stores were closed by 6pm due to the cold.

CLG122
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Yep!  It's so horrible in WI that my baby has only left the house twice in almost a month.  And one of those was a bilirubin check!  I haven't even taken her to the doctor yet. 

Our front door is frozen shut today.  I haven't left the house at all since Saturday, not even to take the trash out. 

DH has even been doing the grocery shopping on his lunch break.

pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I'm in Los Angeles California and in Monday it was 82....it cools of to about 50 something at night. but I would love to have a real winter. Our gov.declared a water drought so there is a problem the as far as no real rain fall...take care in Ll that cold weather mommas...

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Its been below freezing here the past two days in PA! Its awful. I have to take the baby out in it later to pick up my daughter from kindergarten :(

CountryGirl1365
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM
In OH we had wind chills feeling like -25. Way too cold. I'm going stir crazy! But apparently its supposed to get up to 52 this weekend so maybe we can do something then.
MommyJill87
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I'm in NorCal so we are in the 40-50. We aren't going on walks ect but if I have to go the store or whatever we go.
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
We are near Pittsburgh and the windchill was -19 yesterday so yes we are stuck in the house unless we HAVE to go out! It's supposed to warm up this weekend thank goodness! No garage here unfortunately :-/
stayathomemo271
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I have with -30degree weather. It's insane. I can't handle this kinda of weather I'm from AZ so I'm not use to it but I guess its the normal for MI
stayathomemo271
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Here's another. There is a car under all that haha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)