Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting frustrated when she feeds

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM
  • 23 Replies
Lately when Emma feeds she gets very frustrated and latches and unlatches over and over and over and gets soo frustrated. She could be on the boob for 30-45 minutes and still acts like she's starving. I don't think she's gettingr enough :(
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I'm sorry hope it gets better. My daughter was latching for like a minute or two so I started pumping and my milk supply decreased so she is on formula now :( I didn't want that but at least I know that she is getting enough. 

mrs.hartman12
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Hmmm how old is she? It sounds like a growth spurt. Do lots of skin to skin today and let her nurse on demand and your supply will boost up. Also if you had a really fast let down before, and your milk regulated she could just be frustrated and want the fast let down. My DD2 was like that. 

CountryGirl1365
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM
She's a month old. And thanks, ill try that. This is my first breastfed baby so its all new to me. And I've had several letdowns per feeding lately

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Hmmm how old is she? It sounds like a growth spurt. Do lots of skin to skin today and let her nurse on demand and your supply will boost up. Also if you had a really fast let down before, and your milk regulated she could just be frustrated and want the fast let down. My DD2 was like that. 

mrs.hartman12
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Yeah she is probably frustrated then. THe first 6-8 weeks are the hardest and then you get the swing of things. 

Quoting CountryGirl1365: She's a month old. And thanks, ill try that. This is my first breastfed baby so its all new to me. And I've had several letdowns per feeding lately

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

CountryGirl1365
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM
I hope so! Thank you for the advice :) none of my family ever breastfed past 2 months so its getting hard lol

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Yeah she is probably frustrated then. THe first 6-8 weeks are the hardest and then you get the swing of things. 

Quoting CountryGirl1365: She's a month old. And thanks, ill try that. This is my first breastfed baby so its all new to me. And I've had several letdowns per feeding lately

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

MommyJill87
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Did you see A lactation consultant? There are so many other options before turning to formula. Just makes me sad bedside it sounded like you really want to bf. There is lots of help out there, you just have to dig sometimes.

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

I'm sorry hope it gets better. My daughter was latching for like a minute or two so I started pumping and my milk supply decreased so she is on formula now :( I didn't want that but at least I know that she is getting enough. 

MommyJill87
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Mine does that on my right side which produces tons more than my left. Stick with it. You can do this.
polkaspots
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM
It's frustrating, but it just means your supply is regulating. It's normal and will pass with time.
If you're concerned about how much she's getting count diapers. But that sounds completely normal. My supply regulated too and he's been cranky in the evening..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicolett80
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Happens with my 2 week old too. It's been happening more often lately. I have been told that it's still early and my milk is still regulating. Her output is normal but she lost a pound so I started getting worried that I have a low supply. Started taking liquid Fenugreek .
CountryGirl1365
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Where did you buy your fenugreek?

Quoting nicolett80: Happens with my 2 week old too. It's been happening more often lately. I have been told that it's still early and my milk is still regulating. Her output is normal but she lost a pound so I started getting worried that I have a low supply. Started taking liquid Fenugreek .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)