Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does your baby nurse?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

Just curious.

i know it changes from stage to stage which can sometimes be week to week.

right now Wesson is 3 days old.

he is now eating every 2-3hrs for 15-20min each time.

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02

playing soccertoddler boytoddler girlbaby boy
Jency6/30/05   Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12    Wesson1/05/14                                                                             Angel babies edd 10/08,11/11,10/13

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I have no idea. At that age he was nursing for about twenty minutes every two to three hours because I was making him. Now he's three weeks and I don't keep track anymore. He cluster feeds all afternoon and then takes a nap when daddy swaddles him. He nurses maybe every two hours during the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Cole is 4 weeks. I don't keep track, everyday, every feeding is different. Usually 15-20 mins every 3 hours is what I would guess.
EmmeBee
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:47 PM

sometimes an hour, sometimes he just wants 4-5 min top-up - and it varies from anywhere in between those times

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM
I quit keeping track. Lol. Colin is 5 weeks old and weighs 12 lbs now so I know he's eat in plenty. He cluster feeds in the afternoon, nurses the longest around 8/8:30 pm and then sleeps until around 4 am. Sometimes he only nurses for a few minutes sometimes its longer
MommyJill87
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Teegan is 4 weeks old and nurses anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Sometimes it's every hour and sometimes it's 2-3 hours. I honestly don't keep track.

In the hospital they'd ask me the last time she ate or how long she'd currently been feeding and I'm like, uhhhh I don't know haha
lil_mom2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM

She nurses on demand any where from 15 to 45 min. She nurses at least 8+ times a day. She is 26days old

pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM

It has drastically changed. Back then it was 7-10 min on one breast sleep for a few then the other breast. Now at 7 weeks that's not enough for her. She is spending 20 min or more on each breast then passes out breast milk wasted for 3 hours. But only does this during the day. At night it's a different story.

Turtledoves
by Representative on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM

He eats on demand for as long as he wants, so it's hard to say. He's 12 days old and usually nurses at least once an hour, anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour each time. He's getting chunky from it already, he gained a whole pound in only one week!

TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Right now its evrry hour n a half for bout 15 mins. Even at night. Last night she nursed for a good half hour n sleft 3 hours. I woke up an hour later n was wonderin why she didnt wake up. I put my hand on her to make sure she was ok! Im a mess! Lol!
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:13 PM
she nurses on demand, so any time she fusses or shows hunger cues

from 5-20 minutes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)