Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Week PP Appointment

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Liz
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
I had my PP appointment today and after waiting an hour and a half I finally got seen. I am down to 141 which is six lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight and I got a date of Feb 13th for my tubal ligation (yay!). Between now and then my dr put me on the mini pill since I am EBF.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staci1103
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I had mine yesterday. Down 12 lbs my pre preggo weight and I had my tubal when I had my section. So glad I dont have to go back for that Ive heard some horror stories. Hope urs goes well:)
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM
The military hospital won't do your tubal ligation right after baby. They make you wait until at least 6 weeks after. Its done with robotics at the hospital I'm getting it done at. Mydr said I should be home within 4 hrs of the procedure. Thanks :)

Quoting staci1103: I had mine yesterday. Down 12 lbs my pre preggo weight and I had my tubal when I had my section. So glad I dont have to go back for that Ive heard some horror stories. Hope urs goes well:)
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Yay, good weight loss. my appt was too early so I did.t make it. I was supposed to mirena so no sec for me anytime soon. Just an excuse to tell hubby.

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Thanks. I had Mirena in for almost 5 yrs after DD#3 and I loved it. When DH and I decided to have another baby I had it removed and within the first week of trying I was pregnant. Love that it didn't affect my fertility but while on it I didn't get a visit from aunt flo. Best BC ever!! Lol. Yeah, it takes 48 hrs for the mini pill to work, i am allergic to latex and we haven't had sex since my 10 week appointment in April so I'm a little upset that we have to wait two more days. Lol

Quoting pearsonsec:

Yay, good weight loss. my appt was too early so I did.t make it. I was supposed to mirena so no sec for me anytime soon. Just an excuse to tell hubby.

polkaspots
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:58 PM
What is the pill called? I plan on getting a minipill too, but so far the only bc pills I know of are combination pills. I've never actually heard of any pops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:06 PM
It's called Nor-QD. My dr prescribed it because of the fact that I am EBF and BC pills that contain estrogen affect your supply. I'm only going to be on it until March 13 (a month after my tubal).

Quoting polkaspots: What is the pill called? I plan on getting a minipill too, but so far the only bc pills I know of are combination pills. I've never actually heard of any pops.
polkaspots
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Okay. I plan on taking it for a while because I'm afraid to get nexplanon without checking to see if the hormones will affect me negatively first. I'm breastfeeding as well. I might just get depo provera since I've never had the experience of taking a birth control pill before.

Quoting mnkymommy08: It's called Nor-QD. My dr prescribed it because of the fact that I am EBF and BC pills that contain estrogen affect your supply. I'm only going to be on it until March 13 (a month after my tubal).

Quoting polkaspots: What is the pill called? I plan on getting a minipill too, but so far the only bc pills I know of are combination pills. I've never actually heard of any pops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:22 PM
You can take it long term. I'm just not because I'm getting my tubes tied. They say not to take any BC with hormones in it until baby is 6 months old if you are breastfeeding because it will diminish your supply. The only thing with taking the pill is that you have to make sure you take it at the same time every day. It only takes 48 hrs to start working while deprovera takes longer

Quoting polkaspots: Okay. I plan on taking it for a while because I'm afraid to get nexplanon without checking to see if the hormones will affect me negatively first. I'm breastfeeding as well. I might just get depo provera since I've never had the experience of taking a birth control pill before.

Quoting mnkymommy08: It's called Nor-QD. My dr prescribed it because of the fact that I am EBF and BC pills that contain estrogen affect your supply. I'm only going to be on it until March 13 (a month after my tubal).

polkaspots
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I got pregnant around the time I got depo provera. Most women don't have supply issues with progestin, but some do. I got depo while I was breastfeeding but like I said that's when I got pregnant so I'm not sure if the side effects I had were pregnancy or shot related. Good luck with your tubal

Quoting mnkymommy08: You can take it long term. I'm just not because I'm getting my tubes tied. They say not to take any BC with hormones in it until baby is 6 months old if you are breastfeeding because it will diminish your supply. The only thing with taking the pill is that you have to make sure you take it at the same time every day. It only takes 48 hrs to start working while deprovera takes longer

Quoting polkaspots: Okay. I plan on taking it for a while because I'm afraid to get nexplanon without checking to see if the hormones will affect me negatively first. I'm breastfeeding as well. I might just get depo provera since I've never had the experience of taking a birth control pill before.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Yeah. You can always ask your dr what they think. Thanks. My dr said I should be home within 4 hrs of the procedure and that recovery is pretty much the same as pp recovery.

Quoting polkaspots: I got pregnant around the time I got depo provera. Most women don't have supply issues with progestin, but some do. I got depo while I was breastfeeding but like I said that's when I got pregnant so I'm not sure if the side effects I had were pregnancy or shot related. Good luck with your tubal

Quoting mnkymommy08: You can take it long term. I'm just not because I'm getting my tubes tied. They say not to take any BC with hormones in it until baby is 6 months old if you are breastfeeding because it will diminish your supply. The only thing with taking the pill is that you have to make sure you take it at the same time every day. It only takes 48 hrs to start working while deprovera takes longer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)