Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been crazy for the last 3 days...sigh

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 3 Replies
We turned in the bili light on tuesday. Tuesday evening he was put on an apnea monitor because I told his pedi that he stopped breathing twice with me & once with my SIL. Ok, good! AJ stopped breathing 3x during the course of that night & to add insult to injury he woke up congested. Thankfully he didn't have a fever, but had a bit of a cough. So we called his pedi & we rushed him there. The first time I called I was put on hold & ended up getting hung up on, the 2nd time ( I called them right back) I said no when I was asked if I would hold, was immidiately transfered to one of the nurses & I explained to her what had happened & we were told to come straight in. Only to be told that they couldn't do anything because he's only 4 weeks old. tTey told us to continue putting Mentholatum on his bottom of his feet with socks on as well as on his chest & to auxin his nose & mouth frequently. Ok, fine. I also told the cnp the the nystatin they fave hinge for the yeast in his mouth is a joke because it continued to spread, so she asked if we wanted to have his mouth painted with Gentian Violet & I said yes. They're scheduling him an appt with a pulmonologist to find it what is causing him to stop breathing. Granted, sleep apnea runs in DH's family, but if it were that then I would have noticed it from the very beginning after I had him. This morning AJ woke up with minimal congestion & am able to easily suction out his snot.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyJill87
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh geez. Sounds like a lot to deal with. Hope all turns out ok.
Turtledoves
by Representative on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:51 PM

As for the yeast, nystatin is awful for it. It creates a cycle that happens every few weeks. My daughter was stuck in a 6 week cycle, it came back exactly 6 weeks each time until I stopped using the nystatin to treat it. I'd personally get off of it right away. There's many natural ways to treat it. I hate the genetian violet stuff too - if you use it, be warned, it stains EVERYTHING!

I'm sorry you're dealing with apnea, I know how scary that is. DH has it and it's very stressful on my part!

Barb87
by Babz on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Yeah, luckily I had a bib that was white &i didn't care if it got stained. Needless to say, it's more blue & purple than white. I stopped giving him the nystatin days ago.

Quoting Turtledoves:

As for the yeast, nystatin is awful for it. It creates a cycle that happens every few weeks. My daughter was stuck in a 6 week cycle, it came back exactly 6 weeks each time until I stopped using the nystatin to treat it. I'd personally get off of it right away. There's many natural ways to treat it. I hate the genetian violet stuff too - if you use it, be warned, it stains EVERYTHING!

I'm sorry you're dealing with apnea, I know how scary that is. DH has it and it's very stressful on my part!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)