Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby survey

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:11 AM
  • 25 Replies

Let's update each other on our babies!  sometimes I forget names, ages, etc!  

Baby's name: Auryn 

Weight: 13 pounds!

Diapers: Buying my first box of size 2s tomorrow!  I prefer huggies when I have to go brandname and 7thgeneration at the more speciality stores

Clothing size: 3-6 months clothes

Longest stretch baby has slept so far: 4 hours

Baby's favorite baby item: His bouncer on self-activated mode, he loves watches everything light up!

Baby's favorite thing to do (eating doesn't count!): baths, but walks are a close second

Baby's least favorite baby item; the Ergo :(  sucks because I really want to use it.  I'm hoping he'll like it more as he gets older.  Right now he actually prefers the stroller

Baby's least favorite thing to do: Be tired : (

Fill it out and add on your own questions if you want!

My baby!  This pic is a few weeks old.  He actually seems to have outgrown the moby : (

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:14 AM
You can carry him upright in the moby too. I never figured out how to put them in the cradle hold like that, so I've been carrying him upright since he was born. For little ones I use the pocket cross carry and I out the pocket on the outside when they get a bit bigger and the straps go between the legs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Hunter is about six weeks old now. He's wearing mostly one size diapers, pockets, big prefolds and one size covers. He likes having his tummy petted by his older siblings and listening to music with daddy. The longest he sleeps is about 6-7 hours when it's chilly and we wear warm pjs and cuddle to sleep. He likes his boob pillow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmeBee
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:22 AM

He didn't much like the upright position...he liked the cradle hold but as he got bigger and his chin pressed tighter against his chest like in the picture I got worried about his breathing.  i've been meaning to look into different holds though!

Quoting polkaspots: You can carry him upright in the moby too. I never figured out how to put them in the cradle hold like that, so I've been carrying him upright since he was born. For little ones I use the pocket cross carry and I out the pocket on the outside when they get a bit bigger and the straps go between the legs.

EmmeBee
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:23 AM

lol boob pillow.  I love it myself when he falls asleep, all milk-drunk, against my boob

Quoting polkaspots: Hunter is about six weeks old now. He's wearing mostly one size diapers, pockets, big prefolds and one size covers. He likes having his tummy petted by his older siblings and listening to music with daddy. The longest he sleeps is about 6-7 hours when it's chilly and we wear warm pjs and cuddle to sleep. He likes his boob pillow.

polkaspots
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I love the upright position, it's my favorite. I carried ds like that for about 18 months until it got uncomfortable because I had a baby bump. I also have a linen wrap for when they get bigger, but my stretchy wrap is pretty durable since it's mesh instead of jersey.
I use thebabywearer.com for most of my info, and then watched YouTube videos. I use a sling for carrying my older one when he gets too tired to walk and I have the infant car seat on the stroller. DH thinks I'm crazy for choosing to carry the two year old instead of the infant carrier, but the kid doesn't leave bruises on my arm like the carrier does.

Quoting EmmeBee:

He didn't much like the upright position...he liked the cradle hold but as he got bigger and his chin pressed tighter against his chest like in the picture I got worried about his breathing.  i've been meaning to look into different holds though!

Quoting polkaspots: You can carry him upright in the moby too. I never figured out how to put them in the cradle hold like that, so I've been carrying him upright since he was born. For little ones I use the pocket cross carry and I out the pocket on the outside when they get a bit bigger and the straps go between the legs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:34 AM
Honestly I don't love it. I'm a hot sleeper and so are my kids. I can't wait until it gets a little warmer so DH stops having the heat on all the time.

Quoting EmmeBee:

lol boob pillow.  I love it myself when he falls asleep, all milk-drunk, against my boob

Quoting polkaspots: Hunter is about six weeks old now. He's wearing mostly one size diapers, pockets, big prefolds and one size covers. He likes having his tummy petted by his older siblings and listening to music with daddy. The longest he sleeps is about 6-7 hours when it's chilly and we wear warm pjs and cuddle to sleep. He likes his boob pillow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Emma is 11 weeks, 10 pounds still fits newborn diapers but I have finally run out so now we are in size ones. She enjoys sitting up and looking around watching everything. She does not like lying down because she can't see what is going.on. She loves to listen to music all types but seems to enjoy Bruno Mars Treasure and Lorde Royals when they come on she really listens intently. When her sibs are here she enjoys watching them. Loves to cuddle and going for walks on her stroller. She knows when her big mouth daddy is home from work and looks around for him. She coos and talks constantly likes looking at herself in the mirror. Head is still floppy boppy but that's ok. Here's a pic from 2/2/14 10 weeks old

Azure
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM

So cute!

Baby's name: Thora

Weight: Not 100% sure, but she's a nice sized chunker.

Diapers: about ready for size 2, Huggies.

Clothing size: 3-6 months clothes

Baby's favorite baby item: Mommy. We don't have any bouncers, swings, activity jungles or anything. Not many toys either. Right now she just wants her parents.

Baby's favorite thing to do: Be talked to.

Baby's least favorite baby item: Nothing.

Baby's least favorite thing to do: Be gassy or poopy. She hates being in a dirty diaper.

Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Margaux has that outfit!! :)

Quoting pearsonsec:

Emma is 11 weeks, 10 pounds still fits newborn diapers but I have finally run out so now we are in size ones. She enjoys sitting up and looking around watching everything. She does not like lying down because she can't see what is going.on. She loves to listen to music all types but seems to enjoy Bruno Mars Treasure and Lorde Royals when they come on she really listens intently. When her sibs are here she enjoys watching them. Loves to cuddle and going for walks on her stroller. She knows when her big mouth daddy is home from work and looks around for him. She coos and talks constantly likes looking at herself in the mirror. Head is still floppy boppy but that's ok. Here's a pic from 2/2/14 10 weeks old

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Mobile Photo

Baby's name: Cole

Weight: his next appt is Monday so I'll find out then but if I had to guess, I'd say 11lbs :)

Diapers: size 1 pampers

Clothing size: depends on the brand. Mostly 0-3 but some newborn still fits and some 3 month fit

Baby's favorite baby item: He loves when I'm cleaning his room or putting his laundry away and I put him in his crib to watch his mobile. He's not too interested in his playmat yet and he prefers me over his bouncy chair :)

Baby's favorite thing to do (eating doesn't count!): baths and hates to just be cradled when he's awake. He loves to be held up right so he can check out his surroundings so we spend lots of time just walking around the house. I can't wait for warmer weather so we can go for walks!

Baby's least favorite baby item: haven't come across anything

Baby's least favorite thing to do: He hates be cold

Don't mind the spit up shirt in the pic lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)