Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Late Nights

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  • 5 Replies
The weekend must be catching up with Margaux because the last two nights have been rough. Well, last night was not so bad but night before last...ooh my gosh. She went to sleep nicely but woke up at midnight and from about midnight-thirty until 230 she would cry, get mad, start to pass out and wake herself up. She didn't want to eat or nurse. I was so tired I was getting angry. My 2 year old woke up at about the same time and wouldn't fall back to sleep because Margaux kept crying. So at about 230 my daddy got up and took her from me so I could get some sleep and he stayed up with her until she finally just passed out cold at 4.

Last night wasn't as bad. She woke up at 1030-11 and we played a little but then she wanted to sleep and would wake up as soon as I stopped bouncing her or laid her down her eyes popped right back open. Initially, she would go right back to sleep but come midnight she was just not letting herself anymore. I was in tears. Although my daddy took her the night before, I was still so tired that I had a headache all day and my chest hurt (my chest hurts when I get overtired). So I'm sitting there bouncing her because that's what she wanted and I'm just silently crying. I really thought I was going to get to sleep and we were back to normal. My mom comes in before she heads to bed and takes Margaux from me and keeps her until she wakes up to eat at 4-430. My daddy said Margaux went to sleep and slept well so that's good. I didn't feel too bad anymore. I felt so bad that 2 nights in a row they took her so I could sleep but that is also my stubbornness coming into play. I have gotten better but asking for help is not a strong point of mine. Haha I had to keep telling myself that I didn't ask them to take her, they offered.

In all honesty, I think that Margaux has just been so overtired. I can tell she wants to be sleeping, she doesn't want to play, she just is so tired that she can't. :( Thinking positively, tonight will be back to normal!! ;)
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Azure
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Ew, not fun! Our baby had a crying spell last night, but it was from around 5:30 to around 7:30. Nothing I did made her happy. She finally calmed down when I did what we call the "walk n' bounce" a little bouncy type walk we do to try to help her with burps. It was rough. I hope tonight goes better for you!

MommyJill87
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Awe. It's nice your parents can help you.
Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Yep, that bounce is what she likes. She doesn't always care if you are walking but the bouncing calms her.

Quoting Azure:

Ew, not fun! Our baby had a crying spell last night, but it was from around 5:30 to around 7:30. Nothing I did made her happy. She finally calmed down when I did what we call the "walk n' bounce" a little bouncy type walk we do to try to help her with burps. It was rough. I hope tonight goes better for you!

EmmeBee
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Sounds like mine sometimes.  It's sooo frustrating because right when it looks like he is going to pass out and I can pass out myself, his eyes pop open and he fussing some more.  But what sucks the most is getting angry.  I feel so bad about it!

Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Exactly!! I'm the same way. Its like logically I know there is no reason to get angry but in my exhausted super tired state it makes total sense. haha

Quoting EmmeBee:

Sounds like mine sometimes.  It's sooo frustrating because right when it looks like he is going to pass out and I can pass out myself, his eyes pop open and he fussing some more.  But what sucks the most is getting angry.  I feel so bad about it!

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)