Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MARS-would you go?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Would you be a pilgrim and join the future colony on Mars? Why or why not?  If you did, what would you miss most? What would you insist on taking with you (other than children or spouses).

DH would go in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't be willing to raise our kids there. If we didn't have kids there is a possibility I would do it, but I love rain and would definitely miss that. I would also desperately miss my Amazon Prime. lol I can't live without my books.

At the same time, when watching Star Trek TNG I always think how cool it would be to explore space and honestly, how awesome would it be to be one of the first settlers on a different planet? Pretty cool, if you ask me!

What do you ladies think? Would you do it?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Azure
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM

BUMP!

Turtledoves
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Nope, I'd stay put. I like adventure, but not that much. Too much change, especially with kids. Ever since becoming a mommy, safety is the most important thing and being a pilgram doesn't sound too safe.

And possibly too much of watching Doctor Who. (Don't drink the water on Mars!) lol

Azure
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Quoting Turtledoves:

Nope, I'd stay put. I like adventure, but not that much. Too much change, especially with kids. Ever since becoming a mommy, safety is the most important thing and being a pilgram doesn't sound too safe.

And possibly too much of watching Doctor Who. (Don't drink the water on Mars!) lol

I hear you. Safety is top priority here, too. The world suddenly seemed much more dangerous once I brought a child into it.

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Dh would probably be there in a heartbeat if it were solely up to him. Me-not so much. I couldn't bring my kids on an adventure like that without knowing exactly what we were getting into. If it weren't for our boys, I'd go and I'd want to bring my camera.
polkaspots
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Nope, not a chance. I don't even like planes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I'd jumipost.p at the chance me kids dogs all of us pack up and move. Life is short YOLO, I'd want to be a part of history have a whole town city state named after me etc...hahaha. when in college I wrote a paper on exploring mars. I have tons of books on mars and was so excited when they sent back all of those recent pics of it. I love science and took astronomy in college and enjoyed it immensely. The kids love going to Griffith observatory it's so much fun. I wouldn't miss anything but the Internet but it wouldn't be long before mars has all that earth has.  Here's a pic of when the space shuttle came down the street to the science center here this was way beyond amazing because I remember when it went into space.

mrs.hartman12
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM

My husband is afraid to fly. I don't think we would make it. 

EmmeBee
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

nah...I'm all for adventure but I like trees and grass and rivers and mountains.  

sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Nah I'm good here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)