Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Season!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM
  • 41 Replies

Still waiting on paperwork so we can file.

Have your filed yet?

Will you be getting a refund?

If yes how will you be spending it (if you don't mind sharing)?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep we filed on the 27th of January and should be getting it soon! I'm getting $1200 and DH is getting $2800. It's all going right to savings so we can use it on our honeymoon :)
mrs.hartman12
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Oh how fun! Where do you two want to go?

Quoting marissabrookee: Yep we filed on the 27th of January and should be getting it soon! I'm getting $1200 and DH is getting $2800. It's all going right to savings so we can use it on our honeymoon :)

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I think we're going to be doing a carnival cruise or a royal caribbean cruise. We're trying to figure out details today but without power, it's hard haha

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Oh how fun! Where do you two want to go?

Quoting marissabrookee: Yep we filed on the 27th of January and should be getting it soon! I'm getting $1200 and DH is getting $2800. It's all going right to savings so we can use it on our honeymoon :)

pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not filed yet but I plan to and I will buy a fee things for.myself I have lost a ton of weight and have two pear of.jeans and three pairs of sweats. Other than that just saving. Don't know the amount but I am happy to get what ever uncle Sam hasn't raped me for.....

mrs.hartman12
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I don't think we will get anything back and I will just be happy if we don't owe!

Quoting pearsonsec:

I have not filed yet but I plan to and I will buy a fee things for.myself I have lost a ton of weight and have two pear of.jeans and three pairs of sweats. Other than that just saving. Don't know the amount but I am happy to get what ever uncle Sam hasn't raped me for.....

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Filed as soon as we got our W-2's. We are getting $10000 in Federal and I'm getting $1300 in state. We are spending some of it on a family trip to MA and NC over the summer and flying my MIL down for a visit in April. The rest is going into savings.
EmmeBee
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM

all going to responsible grown up stuff.  what's left over putting towards moving back home

dlane12152007
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM
We are saving it, trying to get a house which is hard as hell because FIL stole hubbys identity and his credit is shot.
EmmeBee
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Oh, my god!  I once dated a guy who's father put his name on all the utilities, cable, etc. and then didn't pay so his credit was shot at age 18!  Amazing what family will do to each other

Quoting dlane12152007: We are saving it, trying to get a house which is hard as hell because FIL stole hubbys identity and his credit is shot.

mrs.hartman12
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Yikes! That is so bad! 

Quoting dlane12152007: We are saving it, trying to get a house which is hard as hell because FIL stole hubbys identity and his credit is shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)