Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yesterday's Adventure

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

One of my dogs got out Monday night. Actually, I don't know when. My mom had cracked the garage door to air it out and forgot about it. Well, the dogs go to the garage at night. The door couldn't have been open too wide or we would have seen it when we let the dogs out there. However, it was apparently just enough for my fat girl to weasel her way out.  Bailey stayed home, thank God, but I hate thinking of Roxie out there alone. I am very very surprised she left without him because she doesn't go anywhere or do anything without him. One time they got out and got separated and the guy who found Roxie said that she was just roaming the street and looked very confused, lost, and sad. She is chipped but does not have her tags because they got lost. My mom felt so bad. I spent the day looking for her, watching for her, and looking online for any sign of her. At about dinner time there was a knock at the door. Roxie had apparently gone to some house and stayed on their porch. She was there when the man left for work and when he got home so he called his neighbors who have Pits and they got her and went driving around to neighborhoods trying to find her owners. I was so shocked when I opened my door and saw her sitting in the car! I wish I had thought to get their address but I just was in such shock I just kept saying, "oh thank you, thank you so much!!" But I did think to introduce myself at one point so all I know is that the woman's name is Heather and they have a small which SUV, I think it was. I had literally just sat down to start calling all of the shelters around when he knocked on the door. I am still in shock!!

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM

That was nice of them and  I'm glad you got her back :)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Thank you! And, yes, I am so so grateful. 

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Mrsjohnson2014
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I bet my aunts dog use to get out and my dog would follow him but once my dog lost him she would come home and sit on the porch until someone opened the door for her. My dog passed away in 2008 though right before my birthday and she was like family. 

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM

:( I'm sorry. Mine have gotten out before together and come back. They have gotten out together but gotten separated and Roxie gets this confused sad lost look to her. I am thinking that Bailey might have the homing sense. LOL

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

I bet my aunts dog use to get out and my dog would follow him but once my dog lost him she would come home and sit on the porch until someone opened the door for her. My dog passed away in 2008 though right before my birthday and she was like family. 

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

Mrsjohnson2014
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Thanks and LOL that's funny 

Quoting Harris06:

:( I'm sorry. Mine have gotten out before together and come back. They have gotten out together but gotten separated and Roxie gets this confused sad lost look to her. I am thinking that Bailey might have the homing sense. LOL

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

Azure
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw, really glad there are good people out there who do things like that still!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)