Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The coke diet

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
Not that kinda coke lol. As of today, I quit drinking anything but water and coffee. It SUCKS because I live off of caffeine but I'm going to lose this weight! Question is- Does coffee A)make you fat and B)does it slow metabolism? Idk that I could go without it.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I've been trying to cut out all soda and iced tea. I drink it for the caffeine right now instead of the taste, just because I need to stay awake. I'm trying to chug water and only drink caffeine when it's a must, but I also hate the caffeine headaches. If I could just get past those, I'd be fine!

I don't know anything about coffee though, I always hated the stuff.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Coffee only has about 5 calories per cup, so it's not going to make you fat. Of course, if you add cream and sugar that's another story.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM
I don't drink caffeine but here's a bump!
TattooedMom104
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Yeah those headaches are the worst. I buy bc powders and goodys by the boxes just for that. BC Powders have like 70mg of caffeine per powder in them, so they work pretty well for that (cokes usually have around 40mg/can).

Quoting Turtledoves:

I've been trying to cut out all soda and iced tea. I drink it for the caffeine right now instead of the taste, just because I need to stay awake. I'm trying to chug water and only drink caffeine when it's a must, but I also hate the caffeine headaches. If I could just get past those, I'd be fine!

I don't know anything about coffee though, I always hated the stuff.

TattooedMom104
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Oh good, we'll that's not bad at all. I take mine black.

Quoting LeapBaby123: Coffee only has about 5 calories per cup, so it's not going to make you fat. Of course, if you add cream and sugar that's another story.
MommyJill87
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Try putting slices of cucumber or lemon in your water. It really boosts the flavor. I have a cup of coffee in the morning. I'm going to start trying honey and almond milk instead of creamer The less processed things you ingest the easier your body can process it.
mrs.hartman12
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Coffee, without the sugar and cream, is good for you because it keeps you regular. You should be fine 

TattooedMom104
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I've done the lemon but never thought about cucumber. Hmm.

Quoting MommyJill87: Try putting slices of cucumber or lemon in your water. It really boosts the flavor. I have a cup of coffee in the morning. I'm going to start trying honey and almond milk instead of creamer The less processed things you ingest the easier your body can process it.
MommyJill87
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Sounds weird but I tried it during my cousin's bachelorette party at a winery (I was pregnant WAAAWAAAA). It's surprisingly good and refreshing.

Quoting TattooedMom104: I've done the lemon but never thought about cucumber. Hmm.

Quoting MommyJill87: Try putting slices of cucumber or lemon in your water. It really boosts the flavor. I have a cup of coffee in the morning. I'm going to start trying honey and almond milk instead of creamer The less processed things you ingest the easier your body can process it.
Azure
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I'm giving up soda too (again)... really not a fan of tap water though, so we buy bottled. HATE doing that. No clue on the coffee. I'll drink tea now and then but no coffee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)