Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MSPI

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
Anyone else's LO been diagnosed with MSPI? (Milk/soy protein intolerance) the twins are having such a hard time.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Azure
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

No, I'm sorry. :( Poor babies.

MorningValley
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM

No.  But all mine have been sensitive to whey and I can't have anything with it in it.  And once they start formula I can only get the similar sensitive, all the rest have whey in them.

ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
No.

Thats what hubby thought brooke was, the soy made her spit up a lot worse then the regular formula.

I started them on rice cereal already.
nshearon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:49 PM
The doctor had told us to give them cereal for their reflux. He just put them on alimentum and said to stop the cereal. He wants to see how they do on this formula without the cereal.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: No.

Thats what hubby thought brooke was, the soy made her spit up a lot worse then the regular formula.

ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Yeah.

Brookes refluex has slowed down a lot in the last week since shes been on it. Plus her formula is for spit up and has cereal in it already.

I would just go with what your dr has said

Quoting nshearon: The doctor had told us to give them cereal for their reflux. He just put them on alimentum and said to stop the cereal. He wants to see how they do on this formula without the cereal.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: No.

pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Oh no...allergy to milk and soy... when my son started on cows milk some 18 yrs ago he threw it up curdled sp I then put him on soy which he didn't tolerate very well either but back then soy milk was way expensive and not a readily available like it is now. So I would boil rice pour off the water ad a day of sugar and give him that to drink. Rice milk is what I called it. He drank that till he was about four then they came out with sunflower milk, which didn't last. But now he just doesn't do dairy and is not into soy so much. I hope your twins can tolerate something for their tummies. 

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:41 AM
My 2.5yo had milk protein allergy so we had to give soy until he outgrew the allergy around a year. He's fine and drinks regular milk now.

Cole spits up a lot more if I drink milk too so I'm suspicious he may have the same issue do I've been trying to just stay away from milk
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)