Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: What would you do?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am building my wedding ring on bluenile.com. Our budget is about $3000. I'm stuck between two rings. I could get .75 carat round solitare on a white gold band or I could get .5 carat round solitare on a diamond band. Do I want the bigger diamond with the classy band? Or do I want the smaller diamond with the more modern band? Decisions decisions. Both are D color, VS1 clarity, and Ideal cut.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Bump

I like small and simple.

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:44 AM
I like small and simple too plus you don't want the wedding band to outshine your engagement ring
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM
yeah but it's either bigger and simple or smaller and more modern (diamond band)

Quoting Gonzo318: I like small and simple too plus you don't want the wedding band to outshine your engagement ring
MommyJill87
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I like ones with more diamonds on the band.
Azure
by Representative on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Well, which do you like better? If I were choosing it would be an old fashioned/more simple ring. Good luck! At the risk of sounding older than my 30 years, I didn't know women picked out their own engagement rings these days!

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine sounds like the modern with more diamonds you are talking about and I love it :)

Quoting marissabrookee: yeah but it's either bigger and simple or smaller and more modern (diamond band)

Quoting Gonzo318: I like small and simple too plus you don't want the wedding band to outshine your engagement ring
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:47 PM
well women who are already married do lol we got married at the courthouse in October and are just now getting around to buying a ring :) our wedding is in June so we gotta get one before then and he wants me to pick it out since I'll be wearing it for at least the next 5 years.

Quoting Azure:

Well, which do you like better? If I were choosing it would be an old fashioned/more simple ring. Good luck! At the risk of sounding older than my 30 years, I didn't know women picked out their own engagement rings these days!

MorningValley
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I don't know...I've never been a fan of diamond rings.  My wedding ring is tanzanite and my anniversary ring is sapphire.

justme00
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you post pics of the bands?
linnyleo
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I went for a 1 carat and every day I wish it were a bit smaller.  I think that either would be very pretty, but I think that the diamond band would just be way more sparkly and pretty.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)