Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone else stalling?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

The Queen of Everything is 16 pounds.  I was supposed to remove the bassinet part of the mini Pack N Play at 15 pounds.  (Actually, even sooner, since there's a newborn lounger pillow in it, adding weight.)  But she LOVES sitting all snuggled up on her body pillow, tucked in and with her stuffed bunny, watching me cook, clean the kitchen, make the kids' lunch, etc!  I know her view will be less interesting (and less convenient) when I put her at the bottom of the PNP.  So I still have her up high, though I would never leave her there unattended-- I buckle her into the swing when I walk the 20 yards to the bus stop to pick up my oldest or when I need to leave the room.

Anyone else have a baby over the limit and still using the bassinet?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorningValley
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I honestly don't know I'd I did eith the others or not. I never paid attention to the weight omit. Just kept them in until they could pull up on the side lol. I think my third was 9mn old when I moved her down! Lol I'm sure she was over 15#.
Right now Wesson is only 13# but I plan on having him in the top for awhile still.
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM

My DS is 15 lbs now, but he doesn't have a pack and play... he has a bassinet in my room and the weight limit is 25lbs... but hes getting to tall for it!! :D He slept in the crib for the first time last night and a little part of me died... lol... I don't want him to get bigger! Gah, baby fever is already here... DH is telling me no for more babies right now :(

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I don't even have a PNP. Lol. Going to have to get one though for our trip to NC this summer. Over Xmas Colin was still small enough that he slept in the cradle my MIL had that was DH's when he was a baby.
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM
We removed the bassinet part at two months.

And just seperatwd them a week ago
Kitana8185
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Mobile Photo

My little man is way too tall for the bassinet and he pushes up which squishes his head so I moved his cot next to our bed and he sleeps in there
Azure
by Representative on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:57 PM

We don't have one. Cute pic!

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Colin has been in his crib since the day he came home
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
we're gonna start TTC in June after our wedding :)

Quoting ilovemykids732:

My DS is 15 lbs now, but he doesn't have a pack and play... he has a bassinet in my room and the weight limit is 25lbs... but hes getting to tall for it!! :D He slept in the crib for the first time last night and a little part of me died... lol... I don't want him to get bigger! Gah, baby fever is already here... DH is telling me no for more babies right now :(

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM
This. He naps in my arms or in his swing during the day though. I didn't get the PNP out. No room in this house.

Quoting mnkymommy08: Colin has been in his crib since the day he came home
linnyleo
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I didn't actually know the limit on the bassinet part. But Hazel has been in her crib for 2-3 weeks now and hasn't been back in the PNP since. I'll probably take it down this next week or so and put it away. She's taken to her crib very well. Hooray for that!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)