• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fort hood

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
I sat there the night before hoping my husband would come home early and then getting upset that he would come later this weekend. Then the shooting took place.. My husband would have been right around where it happened. He wasn't there and we made the decision that baby and I would stay with Family while he is away. I'm feeling so blessed and relieved that we were not there but also very sad about those that were. I'm scared to return. Hold tight to your loved one ladies.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM
I was thinking about you and your LO last night hoping and praying y'all were safe. We are still waiting to hear from a couple of DH's friends that work in that area of Hood. I am glad that your hubby wasn't there to be possibly involved. Hope he gets home to you and your LO sooner than later.
gmuribe11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Thanks ..its all so scary
Baby4us09
by Rebecca on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Oh wow, sorry I couldnt even begin to imagine. Hope all is well soon for ya'll.

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Yw. Yeah. When I first heard about what was going on I felt sick to my stomach. It's all so sad. And for it to happen a second time there too makes it even worse. The shooter had a wife and children too and was there for PTSD evaluation. All this time the Army has downplayed PTSD and TBI and the effects it has on soldiers and their families. Hopefully now they'll take it more seriously.

Quoting gmuribe11: Thanks ..its all so scary
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Very happy and blessing your and all those involved. When I first saw it on TV and they said the guy was all of 34 I instantly said ptsd....i knew he must have been struggling. they really (VA) need to do more for these men when they come home. It ridiculous how most just get thrown away. To see these men here in LA practically useless to society is sickening I'm so sad for the families that died from the hand of this sick man. Yesterday at work we had severe winds with tsunami warnings I work in Santa Monica Ca. Right on the water and all everyone kept saying is what are we gonna do of the water drops back....me, you can never be ready when death is coming for you. just love and live every day like.your last...

Barb87
by Babz on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM
FT. Lewis-McCord in Seattle was under a magnifying glass because they kept saying that PTSD wasn't real, that the soldiers just had anger issues. The 1Dr that said it was real was constantly being ignored & when it blew up in their faces, Madigan(sp?) Had to call back every single soldier on the Army's dime & re-evaluate thousands of soldiers & veterans. Madigan(sp?) All but begged that 1 Dr that said PTSD did exist to come back & he flat out said no & asked why shoukd he come back to help clean the mess they made because they didn't listen to him in the first place.
My battle from AIT used to work in the Wounded Warriors Unit for 7yrs before enlisting. & she ended up there working in an HR position. She told me all of this in detail, but this is it in a nutshell.

Quoting mnkymommy08: Yw. Yeah. When I first heard about what was going on I felt sick to my stomach. It's all so sad. And for it to happen a second time there too makes it even worse. The shooter had a wife and children too and was there for PTSD evaluation. All this time the Army has downplayed PTSD and TBI and the effects it has on soldiers and their families. Hopefully now they'll take it more seriously.

Quoting gmuribe11: Thanks ..its all so scary
gmuribe11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Something clearly went wrong..and whose to know if it could have been prevented.. So sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)