• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

movie reviews by me

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

My sister shared her netflix subscriptions with me and I've been hooked on it for the past month.  Here are some things I've watched with short reviews

Orange is the New Black (series) - omg, this was sooo addicting.  I liked the modern day 'yuppie' jokes about Whole Foods and the Master Cleanse, haha, and the characters were all funny and unique and very realistic seeming since they were all so original.  My favorite was Laura Prepon's (Donna from that 70s show) character, and 'Pensatucky.'  I'm almost dissapointed they are releasing all the episodes of season 2 in one day because it's sooo addicting, and I'd rather pace myself!  Also, btw, this was the first TV series I've watched in it's entirety since Dark Angel was out when i was in my teens!

How I Live Now (starring Saoirse Ronan) - I loved this as well.  It was like a modern day Secret Garden - hostile teen girl softens her attitude after coming to live with her cousins in the English coutryside.  The only difference is a war is thrown in there instead of a secret cousin with a handicap.  I liked that the kids in this movie weren't your typical movie kids.  This movie was based on a book I read a while back and though the movie made a few changes, I actually liked the changes and thought they made sense for viewing rather than reading.  This movie had a few 'weird' parts but if you like survival/coming of age stories with beautiful scenery thrown in you'll like this one.

I also caught Catching Fire and it was awesome as always!  Really did the book justice in my opinion.  I loved Jena Malone as 'Johanna.'

Share some things/reviews that you've watched lately!  

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Azure
by Representative on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm just watching Grey's Anatomy and I am getting tired of how sex starved everyone is. I mean, really... are people like that in real life? Maybe I'm more conservative than I thought, but I certainly hope everyone isn't sleeping with everyone else and... ugh, just don't get me started. I just think they should focus more on the medical stuff instead of their rendezvous in the "on call" rooms.

MorningValley
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Well all we've been watching is Star Trek. Lol we watched the entire series of the original and the. We watched the entire series of the next generation. Now we are on deep space nine. Are plan is to watch the next two or three spin offs (not sure how many) and ALL the movies (like 10 of them) and be able to say we watched every Star Trek anything ever made lol.

I enjoy them because there isn't the whole 'sex craze' in it.
gmavacs
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM

my mom watches that show, but says she is going to stop watching because her favorite character is leaving the show.  Hospital shows tend to give me anxiety, lol

And sex sells!  TBH that used to annoy me more in my teens, when all the kid shows, like 7th Heaven, would give everyone a b/f or g/f as soon as they hit the sixth grade!  I thought it was kind of disgusting actually and so unrealsitc.  In my school, maybe only about 25 percent of the kids had s/o starting from maybe 8th or 9th grade and up.  Certainly not 6th grade!  They are 11 for crying out loud!!!

Quoting Azure:

I'm just watching Grey's Anatomy and I am getting tired of how sex starved everyone is. I mean, really... are people like that in real life? Maybe I'm more conservative than I thought, but I certainly hope everyone isn't sleeping with everyone else and... ugh, just don't get me started. I just think they should focus more on the medical stuff instead of their rendezvous in the "on call" rooms.

Azure
by Representative on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Quoting gmavacs:

my mom watches that show, but says she is going to stop watching because her favorite character is leaving the show.  Hospital shows tend to give me anxiety, lol

And sex sells!  TBH that used to annoy me more in my teens, when all the kid shows, like 7th Heaven, would give everyone a b/f or g/f as soon as they hit the sixth grade!  I thought it was kind of disgusting actually and so unrealsitc.  In my school, maybe only about 25 percent of the kids had s/o starting from maybe 8th or 9th grade and up.  Certainly not 6th grade!  They are 11 for crying out loud!!!

Quoting Azure:

To me the make of a good show these days is if they can keep it going with a minimum of sex... this is just ridiculous! I'm watching it through Netflix so I'm only on season 4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)