Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 month check up

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
Cole is 15.9 lbs and 25 3/4 inches. And he has another ear infection :(. I'm really hoping this isn't becoming a pattern.my oldest had ear infections since a few weeks old, 2 sets of failed tubes, 1 set had to be surgically removed because it migrated when it was moving through the canal, has had her ear drum patched twice,has had two cholesteatomas removed and she currently has an osteoma growing in her ear canal. I really hope this doesn't happen to him either. Is there anything like holistically I could do to prevent anymore ear infections inhim?, as I think a lot of her ear issues stemmed from the constant reoccurring infections,she wasalmost always on antibiotics.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
justme00
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Garlic oil is my go to for ears. It is amazing.
NatyRod
by nataly on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Sorry my friend. Great height and weight though. Praying he gets better ASAP!
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Oh no...I remember as a child they were constantly giving me warm ear drops. I have no idea what helps now but I hope you find a solution. 

dlane12152007
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:20 AM
What does the garlic do?

Quoting justme00: Garlic oil is my go to for ears. It is amazing.
dlane12152007
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Thanks

Quoting pearsonsec:

Oh no...I remember as a child they were constantly giving me warm ear drops. I have no idea what helps now but I hope you find a solution. 

dlane12152007
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Thanks

Quoting NatyRod: Sorry my friend. Great height and weight though. Praying he gets better ASAP!
gmavacs
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Probiotics, if you are breastfeeding I would take them if not they make infant probiotics.  Also, cod liver oil capsules could help bump the immune system.  The trick is to strengthen the immune system so it can fight off infections before they strike

linnyleo
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like it could be a gut issue if they are recurrent. Try probiotics and try to heal that immune system through his gut for prevention. Also garlic oil drops in the ear for treatment. Garlic is a natural antibacterial. Or you could also use apple cider vinegar while you are getting/making the garlic oil. GL and I hope he feels better soon!
Azure
by Representative on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting justme00: Garlic oil is my go to for ears. It is amazing.

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)