Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ahah gggrrr vent cause in know you all understand!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

Just saw pics from my nephews 1st bday party....you know the one with the mom hat has NEVER sent my kids birthday cards or acknowledged them on their birthdays at all.  Anyway my husbands little sister was there and two other brothers were all there!!  You know the ones that have NEVER been to dd1s or ds2s bdays and only 1 of ds1s and have NEVER even acknowledged them on their birthdays either!    Oh and my mother in law too!  Who has never been to either of my daughters bdays!!  

It just makes me so frustrated!  I don't understand these people!!

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02

playing soccertoddler boytoddler girlbaby boy
Jency6/30/05   Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12    Wesson1/05/14                                                                             Angel babies edd 10/08,11/11,10/13

by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Don't need them to be apart of your or.your child's life better off with out them.....

staci1103
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Strange.  R u not on good terms with them?  

NatyRod
by nataly on May. 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM
That sucks! :(
Do u have an idea as to why?
Azure
by Representative on May. 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand. My parents ignore my kids and spoil my sisters children rotten. They're raising one of them, but my youngest sister is having a baby soon and my mom forwarded me a message between them and she's making my sister' baby a quilt. I have five children. She's never made anything for any of them. It hurts my feelings. I know people say "Get over it" and I try, but it still hurts. Unfortunately it probably is true that they're better off without them in their lives much at all. It would hurt more if they were close and still acting like that.

Turtledoves
by Representative on May. 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM

That's so terrible. How incredibly frustrating.

MorningValley
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM

His younger sister used to be an awesome aunt.  She would send them things and what not and she was barely out of highschool.  But then in June of 2011 she eloped but still wanted to have a wedding.  I was pregnant and due on march 26, 2012 and she decided to plan her wedding her April 21, 2012 and asked me to be a bridesmaid.  I accepted but in January realized that I would be 3wk ppd and ebfing and both my older kids where going to be ring bearers and my husband was going to be in the wedding party....and the dress was going to cost $250 alone (we had to get a hotel and pay my husbands tux and the boys suits, but my husband ended up with no work so she bought the buys some $15 suits and my husbands $50 tux but she couldn't help with the dress because it was so much).  So in January I sent her a really nice letter telling her that it wasn't fair to her for me to be a bridesmaid (bfing when it's time for pictures, not being able to go get my hair done with the rest of them etc).  And indeed when it was time for the family pic I was bfing and they didn't want to wait so my they did it without me (my husband refused to be in it without me).  Anyway since then she has totally ignored us completely and always treats us bad.  So that's the only thing I can think of.  But honestly I think it is completely childish if that is the reason!  She even told me she couldn't find the time to come to ds2 3rd bday cause she didn't have the time but 2 days later flew to TN to see their older sister and her kids. And then this year she flew to at TN to see them instead of coming to dd1 bday.   But she has only come here to see us once ever and it's way cheaper to drive here then to fly across the country!

as far as his two single brothers I have no idea except they are self absorbed.  And as for the parents of my nephew I have NO idea!  I actually introduced them and set them up but ever since they got engaged she's been so so self absorbed it's maddening!   But they've been married for two years now and she has never sent any of my kids any cards for bday or said happy bday on fb or anything!  

I always invite ALL of them to all of my kids stuff and I know its a good drive away but you know at least they could come to ONE of my other kids bdays. 

And as far as my mil I do to know what's up.

Quoting NatyRod: That sucks! :( Do u have an idea as to why?

Jency6/30/05   Tesher12/31/08   Zerah3/26/12    Wesson1/05/14                                                                             Angel babies edd 10/08,11/11,10/13

MorningValley
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Ug I don't understand it at all!  Just not the way I grew up and honestly it's not the way they grew up either so it surprised me!   Every bday I say 'well no use even inviting them to any of the other' but I always do cause I know if I don't then I'm the bad guy and it's my fault!  Just like we decided two years ago to not go to anymore holiday stuff with them because they always treat us so badly...well now it's even worse and they say it's our fault because we don't want to be apart etc.  So the only way they will have anything to do with us is if WE GO TO THEM!  Gr

Quoting Azure:

I totally understand. My parents ignore my kids and spoil my sisters children rotten. They're raising one of them, but my youngest sister is having a baby soon and my mom forwarded me a message between them and she's making my sister' baby a quilt. I have five children. She's never made anything for any of them. It hurts my feelings. I know people say "Get over it" and I try, but it still hurts. Unfortunately it probably is true that they're better off without them in their lives much at all. It would hurt more if they were close and still acting like that.

NatyRod
by nataly on May. 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Wow.. That's is so so sad. Ultimately who she/ they're affecting are the kids are that is unfair.
I hope things change for the better soon. :/
Quoting MorningValley:

His younger sister used to be an awesome aunt.  She would send them things and what not and she was barely out of highschool.  But then in June of 2011 she eloped but still wanted to have a wedding.  I was pregnant and due on march 26, 2012 and she decided to plan her wedding her April 21, 2012 and asked me to be a bridesmaid.  I accepted but in January realized that I would be 3wk ppd and ebfing and both my older kids where going to be ring bearers and my husband was going to be in the wedding party....and the dress was going to cost $250 alone (we had to get a hotel and pay my husbands tux and the boys suits, but my husband ended up with no work so she bought the buys some $15 suits and my husbands $50 tux but she couldn't help with the dress because it was so much).  So in January I sent her a really nice letter telling her that it wasn't fair to her for me to be a bridesmaid (bfing when it's time for pictures, not being able to go get my hair done with the rest of them etc).  And indeed when it was time for the family pic I was bfing and they didn't want to wait so my they did it without me (my husband refused to be in it without me).  Anyway since then she has totally ignored us completely and always treats us bad.  So that's the only thing I can think of.  But honestly I think it is completely childish if that is the reason!  She even told me she couldn't find the time to come to ds2 3rd bday cause she didn't have the time but 2 days later flew to TN to see their older sister and her kids. And then this year she flew to at TN to see them instead of coming to dd1 bday.   But she has only come here to see us once ever and it's way cheaper to drive here then to fly across the country!

as far as his two single brothers I have no idea except they are self absorbed.  And as for the parents of my nephew I have NO idea!  I actually introduced them and set them up but ever since they got engaged she's been so so self absorbed it's maddening!   But they've been married for two years now and she has never sent any of my kids any cards for bday or said happy bday on fb or anything!  

I always invite ALL of them to all of my kids stuff and I know its a good drive away but you know at least they could come to ONE of my other kids bdays. 

And as far as my mil I do to know what's up.

Quoting NatyRod: That sucks! :(
Do u have an idea as to why?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)