Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the guilt.

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM
  • 19 Replies
How do you get over the guilt of not breastfeeding anymore? Its killing me
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Representative on May. 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

:(

It fades a bit as time goes on. It's always there for me though. My oldest turns twelve in June and I still feel guilty for stopping so early with him and for not researching more and realizing that I could do it.

MommyJill87
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Never goes away. Ever.

I thought things were going better and you were going to see a LC again?
MommyJill87
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM
This is mine exactly except mine will be 10.

Quoting Azure:

It fades a bit as time goes on. It's always there for me though. My oldest turns twelve in June and I still feel guilty for stopping so early with him and for not researching more and realizing that I could do it.

polkaspots
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM
My dd is four and I still feel guilty. I feel even more guilty when she asks to drink my milk now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I feel guilty that I CAN'T. With Brenden I felt like I did something wrong, and even though I did a lot for 6 months I felt like I didn't try hard enough. Now I know why, and it helps. 

I sometimes feel guilty for not continuing to offer Rhiannon what little I was making but I just couldn't do it anymore. I was emotionally and physically exhausted; my kids need me as healthy as possible and I wasn't. That helps me put things into perspective and feel at ease.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Ugh I don't even wanna think about it! Jaxon is 5 months and we're still EBF, I dread the day I have to stop.
perrywinkle
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:53 PM

My older two weaned at 13 months, so I am not sure. But you shouldn't feel guilty. You are feeding your baby, it doesn't matter how you do it. Sometimes things don't turn out like we plan, but that doesn't mean you did anything wrong. 

CountryGirl1365
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:17 PM
They were better for about 2 hours. :( I did see a lc, but I can't eliminate the bottles because of daycare. BUT I did get a new daycare job so I'm thinking about seeing if I can nurse her completely there. But my milk is almost dried up, how would I get my supply going again?

Quoting MommyJill87: Never goes away. Ever.

I thought things were going better and you were going to see a LC again?
CountryGirl1365
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I feel like if I would've stayed home with the babies like hubby wanted me to do at first then maybe she wouldn't prefer bottles...:( I feel like its my fault. Ugh but we can't make it on one income.

Quoting perrywinkle:

My older two weaned at 13 months, so I am not sure. But you shouldn't feel guilty. You are feeding your baby, it doesn't matter how you do it. Sometimes things don't turn out like we plan, but that doesn't mean you did anything wrong. 

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on May. 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM
This. But my son is only 3. I just didn't educate myself enough with him. I could have tried harder, I could've made it work but I didn't know who to turn to and gave up too easily.

I'm sorry you feel like this but you did what you could it sounds like. Any bit of time bfing is beneficial so good job sticking to it as long as possible. Fighting with baby to nurse and beating yourself up because she refuses isn't good for anyone.

Quoting Azure:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)