• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

Seriously, who decides these things?

That being said, as it's grocery day, I totally think we should celebrate this day!

What do you put on your vanilla ice cream?

We like to make our own shell sauce with coconut oil and chocolate chips, but DH likes chocolate syrup on his, and sometimes I like to add nuts (esp. pecans) to mine.

How about you ladies?

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM

peanut butter or a little chocolate syrup...or both...mmm I think I need to celebrate this holiday too

Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

The only time I use vanilla is for milk shakes (I think it's the most boring of all ice cream flavors, but it's a great base for things like Shamrock Shakes!)

mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Oooh we are making vanilla ice cream today, too. I like hot fudge and nuts. 

BooBoozMoM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I can't stand vanilla ice cream. Seriously if I went somewhere and all they had was vanilla I'd go without. That being said...my dad is so clueless! The kids and myself spent 4th of July with my parents and my dad went out fir ice cream in the evening and brought back vanilla saying "I know it's Lua's favorite!" Whaatt? He doesn't know me at all apparently.
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Well drats, I missed this wonderful day! Yeterday was National Lipstick Day, BTW. haha Anyway, I like my vanilla ice cream with Root Beer over it. Mmm...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)