Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have guardians for your children?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

DH and I have them picked out but haven't made it official with a will yet, unfortunately.

DH's cousin (who is really more like his brother) will have custody of them if something happens to us.

How about you?

Who will take care of your kiddos if something happens to you?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM

We haven't made it official but I did record it via email. My Dad will have the kids if something happens to us. He is very healthy at 50. Plus all of our kids have trust funds. Between life insurance from us and their trust funds they will each have a networth in the millions. My Dad is the ONLY person I trust to be responsible with their money and is savy enough to invest it properly. We plan on sitting with the family attorney and DH grandparents and put everything in writing next year. 

mrsary
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
I have no idea!
Barb87
by Babz on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM
AJ has 2 GodMothers..He'll go to the one in Miami first because she's bilingual & AJ will have the opportunity to grow up in the same culture she & I did. His Nina(GodMother) in washington state is a back up since AJ's Nina in Miami has 4 of her own ages 7 (GS), 5 (GD1) 4 in Aug (GD2) & just turned 2 (GD3)
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM
We haven't made it official and really haven't agreed :-/
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM
My brother is #1 followed by my MIL.
NatyRod
by nataly on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM
This
Quoting Gonzo318: We haven't made it official and really haven't agreed :-/
MorningValley
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM

No :(. Wish we did but just haven't found the right people yet.  Most likely if anything happens my parents will take them.  I know my mother in law can't and none of my husbands siblings would want them (ya they are not nice people) and I'm wishy washy on my sister and her husband having them...they'd have to change something's in their lives first.  So most likely my parents.  Not ideal,  I would rather them not...but my kids are over there every weekend so they are comfortable with my parents and my parents already know what makes each kid tick and what not.

MorningValley
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I just keep praying God would put that perfect friends in our life.  Lol I thought I found them but she doesn't seem to want to be good friends with me so that makes me sad because other wise I would chose them.

staci1103
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Yes we do for all of them.  This was decided and made official legally many years ago after my 1st.  

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM

We don't have anything official in a will or anything but if anything were to happen our children would go to my parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)