Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeding your 7 month old

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM
  • 14 Replies
Other than formula...what are some things that you feed them? My little man has always been on point with his weight but every time someone hears how old he is they tell me he is so tiny. He has been crawling, sitting up, standing, and walking with furniture since 6 months old so he is really active. He is on similac soy formula and he gets fruits and veggies and earth's best baby food. He refuses to eat homemade mashed up food...it has to be in chunk..but he will eat the pureed food from the pounch. I feel like I'm not feeding him enough!
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Hunter is almost exclusively breastmilk still. He doesn't swallow foods yet. He likes to suck on things that we eat, but he isn't eating yet. We don't do puréed or mashed foods. His favorite things to suck on so far are plums, apples, peaches and nectarines. He doesn't like anything with crumbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Colin is 8 months old. He is still breastfeeding. He eats mostly whatever we eat mashed up. carrots, grean beans, peas, avocado, squash, zucchini, banana, pears, peaches, pureed apples and blueberries, pureed strawberry and guava mixed together, very tiny pieces of shredded chicken breast, pureed apples etc. Check out the book "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron. If your dr isn't concerned then who cares what other people say.  
Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Will is still pretty much exclusively breastfed. I give him bananas and little things here and there, but he's only just beginning to enjoy it. I plan to start giving him veggies from my plate and bits of cut up chicken as soon as he starts to enjoy food.

MorningValley
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Still pretty much just breastfed.  He nurses every 3hrs around the clock still.  We are trying to switch his night feelings to formula but he hasn't cooperated with having a set feeding schedule at night yet.  During the day he just started last month having cereal at. Lunch and dinner and two weeks ago we started with peas and carrots at lunch and dinner.  This week we are trying sweet potatoes and green beans.  He eats puffs as well.  So far that's it.

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Our baby is still exclusively breastfed and probably will be for at least a few more months.

jsmommy1984
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Mine has been formula fed since birth and I had to start him on cereal at 3.5 months because of reflux and puking. He just started sleeping through the night a week ago.

Quoting MorningValley:

Still pretty much just breastfed.  He nurses every 3hrs around the clock still.  We are trying to switch his night feelings to formula but he hasn't cooperated with having a set feeding schedule at night yet.  During the day he just started last month having cereal at. Lunch and dinner and two weeks ago we started with peas and carrots at lunch and dinner.  This week we are trying sweet potatoes and green beans.  He eats puffs as well.  So far that's it.

staci1103
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Blaze is 8 months and he's VERY tiny at only 13.6.  It's all I ever hear but he's healthy and meeting all his milestones.  He eats what we do within reason.  Ex: pancakes, egg yolk, bananas, cantaloupe, blueberries, graham crackers, ground beef, sautéed squash and zucchini.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Eden is still breastfed. He's had a few "licks" of some foods, but he doesn't actually consume it.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Karissa is only breastfed right now
Not sure when I'll start introducing finger foods
megandcailey08
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
We do baby led weaning because Charlotte was stealing food off her brothers plate. She has fruits and veggies cut in big chunks and she eats them just fine. She also has pancakes, she's had chicken, a few other things. She loves food
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)