Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Third time's a charm, right?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM
  • 16 Replies
Or is it three strikes you're out? 😁 Nargaux will not go to sleep tonight. This is my THIRD time in here nursing her to try and get her to sleep. I am BEYOND frustrated tonight!! She was up early, therefore took and early nap, therefore woke up early (still had her 2 hour nap but was up at 1 as opposed to 3-4), and yet she wakes up as soon as I lay her down. Plain and simple, I'm done. I don't even want to feel her sucking on my boob right now. Ever been there?? I'm just done. More mentally than anything. Mommy needs to check out for a bit. Don't get me wrong, my girls were amazing today and I don't feel frazzled but my mommy brain needs to rest a bit before waking up as my physical brain goes to sleep. You know what I mean? Yes, I know my physical brain never really "goes to sleep", but you know what I'm saying?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM
And my 5 year old just yawned so I know she's still awake. 😁
Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Will has done that twice this week. Nothing gets me more frustrated than a kid who WILL NOT go to sleep when it feels like I'm ready to fall over. Will makes me go downstairs, walk him with the vacuum cleaner on while nursing him and gently bouncing him. It's SO much to do at 2 AM when my eyes are closing and his are not!

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:48 AM

We were going through that last night with our three year old and the baby. I wanted to rip my hair out because I'm still not feeling one hundred percent.

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Oh my goodness, I didn't realize he still had you do that!! Man..

Quoting Turtledoves:

Will has done that twice this week. Nothing gets me more frustrated than a kid who WILL NOT go to sleep when it feels like I'm ready to fall over. Will makes me go downstairs, walk him with the vacuum cleaner on while nursing him and gently bouncing him. It's SO much to do at 2 AM when my eyes are closing and his are not!

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Yes! It drives me mad!

Quoting Azure:

We were going through that last night with our three year old and the baby. I wanted to rip my hair out because I'm still not feeling one hundred percent.

Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Yep! It's not every single night anymore, but it's most of the week still. He just HATES sleep and he arches and fights me the whole time. Luckily, once the vacuum goes on, he usually falls asleep in 10 minutes or so. But it's laying him down that's the tricky part. He tends to wake up 75% of the time!

Quoting Harris06: Oh my goodness, I didn't realize he still had you do that!! Man..
Quoting Turtledoves:

toddler girlbaby boypuppy

Katie Belle- 7.2.11 & Will - 12.27.13

mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I think the next kid is getting a binky after a week of breastfeeding. Neither of my ebf babies fall asleep on their own. I am getting tired of it and my nipples hurt.
MommyJill87
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Me tooooo

Quoting Azure:

gmavacs
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:22 PM

yes this is me...I think kids look quite odd sucking on binkys and didn't give my lo one, so he just uses me as one!  can be frustrating at times!

Quoting mrs.hartman12: I think the next kid is getting a binky after a week of breastfeeding. Neither of my ebf babies fall asleep on their own. I am getting tired of it and my nipples hurt.

fungirl09
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Aww! I sure have experience that feeling. Hoping little missy allowed you some sleep :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)