Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
So my happy easy going baby has started to become quite the little whiner recently. I thought at first it was because she was so close to crawling and frustrated but she can now crawl and still shines a lot. She will whine and pull up on me and when I pick her up she wants back down. Its like if I try to do the dishes or eat for a minute she starts whining. I don't know if she's just bored or started having some separation anxiety or what but its exhausting! She goes over my mother in laws while I work for a few hours twice a week and I walked in the door to pick her up today and she starts crying and reaching for me. She NEVER used to do that and my mother in law said she didn't cry once until I walked in. Any suggestions???
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
polkaspots
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM
She just wants you to hold her. All of my kids do that. They're happy and content until they can see me paying attention to someone or something else. Then it's all whining and dry crying until I pick them up. I get a lot of use out of my baby carriers.
My four year old has recently decided that she can't walk to the park anymore, she needs to be on my back. So when we go to the park across the street I have her on my back, the baby on my hip and the two year old walks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Eden has just started having separation anxiety, where he just wants mommy to hold him. DH and I went on a date and left him with the in-laws (who have watched him dozens of times) and when we came back he was screaming. He stopped as soon as I pick him up. He didn't even want DH, which is very unusual.
pearsonsec
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Attached seperation anxiety maybe. My Emma does this too. When I walk in the door she will cry for me till I pick her up. And I can not put her down..and she follows me all around. It will pass after while

Turtledoves
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Will is doing that too. They're getting to the separation anxiety stage. Will never wants to be put down in anything for even 30 seconds. He's become very whiny this past week. I'm just praying it goes away fast!

Azure
by Representative on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Yep. Thora was driving me crazy with that yesterday. I'd pick her up, she'd want down. I'd start doing something else, she'd demand to be picked up. i'd pick her up, she'd want to be down. Luckily my husband understands when things aren't in perfect shape when he gets home. Otherwise I'd be very stressed!

jenk0825
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I'm glad it's not just my baby lol. I feel like I give her plenty of attention. We are always playing together on the floor, reading books, going for walks, swimming, ect but I still feel bad if I'm trying to get dishes done or vacuum and stuff. I dunno maybe I'm being too hard on myself but I've been getting easily frustrated with it lately and hate that!
mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:45 PM

If I am in her line of vision she will fuss. I either wear her, or put her in a high chair with some cheerio's. I can usually tell the difference between need and want at this point. Sometimes she just has to deal, I am only one person. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)