• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going back to work.....

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

Now that my baby is almost 9 months old I am going back to work. But the funny thing is, I have not worked since May of 2005! So my question to you all mommies is

HOW did you feel about this transistion?

I am not real nervous but I feel like I need to have things in order to here at home. I have always been the one getting the kids ready and packed and what not. But now 2 days a week my hubby is going to be doing it. I also do not wanna feel over whelmed when i get home with things to do.

Today alone I have done 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom and now I am cleaning my room and the babys room... seems like nesting all over again!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I haven't been back to work yet but I would feel the same way as you. I can say, however, that the transition is going to be what you make it. If you go into it all stressed and all then it is going to be a stressful and potentially bad one. However, if you go into it with the mindset that you got this and it will all work out then you will most likely have a positive one. Congrats on going back to work! I'm sure you and your husband will fall into a good routine that fits everyone very quickly.

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I start back to work on the 15th when the girls go back to school. I will be gone every day from 8:45-5:15. DH is up every morning at 4:30 for PT and gets home at around 4:30/5. Unless he has to work late. I will still be the one getting everyone ready in the mornings and doing most of the housework. I usually do laundry every 2 days and it is after everyone goes to bed anyway. DH will be coming home at lunch time to let Finn out and the girls will be going to an after school program from 3:45-5, Colin will be in daycare from 9- whenever DH picks him up. Unless I get out earlier. I'm not nervous about going back to work but I am nervous about how the kids are going to be about DH being the one picking them up and dropping them off.
Azure
by Representative on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Where are you working? I'm sure I would be very nervous going back to work. Good luck!

baby3dec13
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:19 AM

I got a job at Eyemart Express. I am an Optician. Never have had a job like this before.... I am excited. Day one was great then I had today off but now I will work for 4 days! However on day one daddy was the baby sitter and well we now know that Aspen needs to have her playpen lowered as she "got out" some how. We will also be lowering her crib tomorrow when my hubby gets home!

Quoting Azure:

Where are you working? I'm sure I would be very nervous going back to work. Good luck!

baby3dec13
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:23 AM

So true! I had a great first day and I am looking forward to my second day tomorrow. When I was getting ready for work on Monday my 5 yo was kinda awake (she had been most of the night with a fever) gave me puppy dog eyes and a sad voice "Momma I just want you to stay home with me.... =(" I so wanted to cry, but instead I told her she got to have a fun day with Daddy and then I would be home and gave her a big o kiss on the forehead! My hubby did bring all the kids to work at my lunch time so I got to nurse and have lunch with them! Oh and before I went to work i woke up the baby and nursed the put her back to bed. She slept till NOON! Daddy had an easy day! He even did a load of laundry!

Quoting Harris06:

I haven't been back to work yet but I would feel the same way as you. I can say, however, that the transition is going to be what you make it. If you go into it all stressed and all then it is going to be a stressful and potentially bad one. However, if you go into it with the mindset that you got this and it will all work out then you will most likely have a positive one. Congrats on going back to work! I'm sure you and your husband will fall into a good routine that fits everyone very quickly.

baby3dec13
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Wow that sounds super busy. For us Mondays is daddy day as he is off work. Then I have a floating sitter on Tues. becasue my mom works. Wed thurs and Friday are gramma days. Saturdays are Daddy's again. I will always be taking them to school and the sitters. My husband is up and rolling around 530 daily. and he is out of town 2 nights a week anyway. It will all work out the kinks will be few I pray and it will be wonderful. I hope you have a great time as well!

Quoting mnkymommy08: I start back to work on the 15th when the girls go back to school. I will be gone every day from 8:45-5:15. DH is up every morning at 4:30 for PT and gets home at around 4:30/5. Unless he has to work late. I will still be the one getting everyone ready in the mornings and doing most of the housework. I usually do laundry every 2 days and it is after everyone goes to bed anyway. DH will be coming home at lunch time to let Finn out and the girls will be going to an after school program from 3:45-5, Colin will be in daycare from 9- whenever DH picks him up. Unless I get out earlier. I'm not nervous about going back to work but I am nervous about how the kids are going to be about DH being the one picking them up and dropping them off.

MommyJill87
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I started working recently. During the week I work nights and weekends are usually full shifts.

Good luck.
mnkymommy08
by Liz on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Yeah but it will all work out. I'm nervous about how it is all going to work when DH deploys later this year. Because then I won't have the option of having him pick up or drop off.

Quoting baby3dec13:

Wow that sounds super busy. For us Mondays is daddy day as he is off work. Then I have a floating sitter on Tues. becasue my mom works. Wed thurs and Friday are gramma days. Saturdays are Daddy's again. I will always be taking them to school and the sitters. My husband is up and rolling around 530 daily. and he is out of town 2 nights a week anyway. It will all work out the kinks will be few I pray and it will be wonderful. I hope you have a great time as well!

Quoting mnkymommy08: I start back to work on the 15th when the girls go back to school. I will be gone every day from 8:45-5:15. DH is up every morning at 4:30 for PT and gets home at around 4:30/5. Unless he has to work late. I will still be the one getting everyone ready in the mornings and doing most of the housework. I usually do laundry every 2 days and it is after everyone goes to bed anyway. DH will be coming home at lunch time to let Finn out and the girls will be going to an after school program from 3:45-5, Colin will be in daycare from 9- whenever DH picks him up. Unless I get out earlier. I'm not nervous about going back to work but I am nervous about how the kids are going to be about DH being the one picking them up and dropping them off.

Azure
by Representative on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Quoting baby3dec13:

I got a job at Eyemart Express. I am an Optician. Never have had a job like this before.... I am excited. Day one was great then I had today off but now I will work for 4 days! However on day one daddy was the baby sitter and well we now know that Aspen needs to have her playpen lowered as she "got out" some how. We will also be lowering her crib tomorrow when my hubby gets home!

Quoting Azure:

Wow! That's impressive (the crib escape). I hope you keep enjoying your job-sounds like it's going great so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)