Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's like torture-my grabby baby

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

Trying to type ANYTHING while holding the baby in my lap (if she's awake). I have to re-type everything a few times and a lot of times I just give up.

Trying to eat while holding her in my lap-grab, grab, grab, grab, grab. Huge handfuls of my food. So far she's only gotten tastes, but I'm worried she's going to rip off pieces and choke. She's so FAST!

And you can forget about crocheting or knitting with her in my lap, or reading a book, or writing in my journal, or folding laundry, or pretty much doing ANYTHING.

She is the GRABBIEST baby I have ever seen, and my mother said the same thing when she was up here this past weekend.

It's driving me CRAZY.

I hand her baby toys and an old broken keyboard and other things I know she can't hurt herself with or destroy but not of it deters her. She wants what I have. I am exhausted.

Anyone else have a grabber?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gmavacs
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Yes. And he IS fast.  Lol.  Luckily it is all I know.  My mom is constantly commenting about how 'her babies' were nothing like my guy, who is go go go all the time.  Supposedly me and my sister were much more docile and compliant  

Turtledoves
by Representative on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM

YES! Oh my goodness, I cant even talk on the phone when I hold him because he rips it away. He grabs at everything. Getting my daughter drinks while he's in my arms has had bad endings on multiple occasions!

mnkymommy08
by Liz on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Yes! It's awful. He's always grabbing at something. Food, drinks, his sisters' hair. And no matter what he's given, he still goes right back to grabbing at everything else. Ugh.
Turtledoves
by Representative on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Ugh, five minutes after seeing this, I went to go grab a cupcake. I held down Will's hand and tried to super quickly grab the wrapper off of the cupcake. Fast as lightening he broke away his hand and smashed it right into all the icing. I had to clear it all out of his hand, and afterwards I barely had any icing on it. =( I was so sad! 

Azure
by Representative on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I'm sorry, Ladies, but at least I'm not alone!

staci1103
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Yep.  Busy busy hands here.

Gonzo318
by Rachelle on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Cole is SUCH a grabber!  Even things acrosst he room, he will reach out like he's beckoning (sp?) them to come to him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)