Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

so my dad and his wife were suppose to come spend the weekend with me this weekend and meet my daughter for the first time. well tonight his wife messaged me on fb and told me that my dad will most likely probley  possibly have to work on Saturday. so i told her ok thats fine maybe another time. then she tells me i cant sleep unless im sleeping in my own bed since i paid 2500 for it.... ok well this is were is pisses me off they go to her family's for Christmas for a whole week but yet she cant spend 2 damn nights at my house. when if comes to her family they do anything and everything when it comes to my dads family they do nothing. i mean come on my daughter is almost 8 months and they have yet to meet her

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Azure
by Representative on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I'm sorry. It sucks when it feels like family just doesn't care. I hope they can meet her soon!

Bresmom13
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I hate to say it, I would tell your dads wife to stay home then. My in-laws have 5 dogs, 2 parrots and the last time we were there a mother cat and kittens in the house. I cant stand the mess but hell I still go with Dh and suck it up because they are two hours away from us and I want my LO to know her grandparents.

gmavacs
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM

well, obiously it is worth it enough to her to stay at her family's without her bed than it is to stay at her's.

I can relate.  My cousin is the same way.  Always bitching family makes no effort to stay in touch with her after she moved several hours away.  The thing is, I would go over her house, where I was very uncomfortable, to try to make the 'effort.'  That was when she had a baby and the excuse that it was hard to travel with the baby.  Well, now I Have a baby, and she has a 4 year old, and she still makes excuses and expects me to do all the traveling.  

Turtledoves
by Representative on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Aw, that really stinks!

mommyeenie
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM

well they ended up coming out for less then 24 hrs but alteast they came, they had to bring their dog which was insane since it kept fighting with mine. so needless to say the visite was crazy but mia enjoyed meeting her grandpa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)