Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our library adventure (a haphazardly written blog post with unrelated pic!)

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM
  • 2 Replies

So I took Auryn to the library, which we do about every month even though it is pain.  The library is 1.6 miles away so I take both the stroller AND the Ergo since my son will get sick of one or the other if left in it too long.  But he’s just at the age where he loves the little kid section of the library and I can pick him out some hardback books.  Off we went and there was another December baby in the kid’s section!  December 9th!  The area is very Jewish Orthodox and Oobudoo’s (I swear this is how she pronounced his name) mother spoke Yiddish (I think) to him but knew English very well.  We talked and the boys played!  It was so cute!

Then for the walk home!  I was making really good time because Auryn was actually in a very good mood.  Then when I was almost home I noticed his sunhat missing!  Oh no!  Out of several sunhats, this one is our favorite and it is BIG, so he can wear it next year.  I was like, no, not cutting it as a loss, and turned around to head back.  I kept hoping it would be just around the next block but I ended up walking nearly all the way back before I found it!  On our way there I passed a woman at the bus stop with her little boy and baby.  I asked her if she saw the hat but she came from another way.  Then I asked how old her baby was.  He was the size of my son at 2 weeks old and she was supporting his head so I was very surprised when she told me 4 months!  I thought I heard her wrong so I even asked his birthday and she said June!  Then when I told her my son was 9 months she acted just as surprised as I felt (I was trying to be couth and hide my surprise) and she exclaimed, “9 months!  Are you sure!?”  Haha!  NO I just found this kid on the street and had to guess his age!

So then on the way back of course my son got fussy.  I put him in the Ergo to breastfeed him when this cheeky guy on a bicycle passed by and was all “You be careful doing that around here!”  Or something like that.  Big cheesy stupid grin on his face.  Sheesh.  As if my son’s huge sunhat wasn’t covering most of my breast (which it was).  So jerk to him!  Anyway, my son fell asleep on the way home which he continues to do so on my bed.

Haven’t been in here on a while as this PC is full of viruses.  My friend gave me an iPad but my son is OBSESSED with it and I can’t use it in his presense without him screaming for it, so still trying to figure out how things like Cafemom work on it.  I’ve really just been using the kindle part of it so far after baby goes to bed.  My friend has over 100 books on it and I find it more convenient then paper books.  Except sometimes I catch myself licking my finger to turn the page!  Haha!

What adventures have you find ladies been up to?

Here’s a picture of Auryn!  He hates actually sitting in his walker but enjoys doing this!  He was only making his 'defiant' smushy mad face because he wanted me to give him the camera.  Lol!

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kayla060812
by Kayla on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
You should turn it into a walker behind then take the seat out. Lol we have that one but it is missing a wheel. I love the squishy face he is to cute!
Azure
by Representative on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Aw, cutie!

That does sound like an adventure. i'm glad you got your hat back. I hate when that happens!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)