Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting bigger

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:16 AM
  • 9 Replies

Well Eve has finally gotten big enough to move out of the infant care seat (at 1 year 4 months). I am not sure she likes it but I love that I can turn around and check on her so easily now. She is just now at the weight for the bigger car seat so I hope it is safe for her but her legs were getting too long for her old seat. More happy sad moments watching my baby girl grow. Just thought I'd share, how is everyone else lil ones doing? 

by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kayla060812
by Kayla on May. 5, 2015 at 9:14 PM
You have her forward facing?
Lotusblooming
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Yeah, she was getting too big for her infant seat. She finally hit the weight requirement for the next seat so we moved up. Her legs were all squished up in her old seat. I would have loved to have left her in her old one for longer but didn't know what else to do. 

Quoting Kayla060812: You have her forward facing?

Kayla060812
by Kayla on May. 6, 2015 at 2:07 AM
She is supposed to be rear facing until 2. The next stage seats are convertible seats. So you can still have her rear facing and her legs won't be squished.

Quoting Lotusblooming:

Yeah, she was getting too big for her infant seat. She finally hit the weight requirement for the next seat so we moved up. Her legs were all squished up in her old seat. I would have loved to have left her in her old one for longer but didn't know what else to do. 

Quoting Kayla060812: You have her forward facing?

Azure
by Representative on May. 6, 2015 at 8:01 AM

I agree that she sound be rear facing. My four year old is tiny and still rear facing. Her legs are a little squished, but it's better than the alternative. 

It is amazing how fast they're growing, isn't it? Time just flies, and I swear it gets worse every year.

bresmommy21
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 12:32 PM

My LO is 16 1/2 months and is still rear facing. I read a story someone posted on CM about a 18 month old that broke his neck in a car accident front facing. Scared the crap out of me.

karamelkat9
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:22 PM

My daughter is 17 months and still rear facing in her infant seat. We are going to be buying a convertible this month since she is almost getting too big weight wise for her infant seat. We are still going to rear face as long as possible.

WeWantMaia
by Trinity on May. 6, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Most convertible seats are able to rear face until at least 40 lbs, which is the weight of an average 4 year old. She should definitely still be rear facing, as she isn't even 2 - the longer they rear face, the better! 

gmavacs
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:41 AM

I'm glad I don't drive.  My son hates his car seat.  Rear facing, forward facing, it doesn't matter, he hates being strapped in.  He loves the bike trailer I got him though.  Go figure.

biberonka
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Sebastian is front-facing now as well. His legs are too long for a convertable in a Mustang. So we bought a Recaro which has side-impact protection (most US brands do not, nor are they required to have side-impact tests in the US, so  be careful what you buy), metal rods inside and is one of the top-rated car seats in the world (Recaro makes most airplane seats and most racing car seats). Remember that if your child is not fitting properly in their seat they are at just as much risk of sustaining injuries. Keeping your kid in an infant or convertable seat when they have clearly outgorwn it or do not fit right is not ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)