Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working mom problems

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:07 AM
  • 7 Replies

Emma started at a new day care. I swear when I walked in I felt like I was walking into a puppy mill by how many children she has. I saw four infants and at least 7/8 children any way Emma went two days and one day later had an awful bug. She would not eat had awful smelly diarreah and vomiting fever and after the third day I had to take her to the er. She was slightly dehydrated ie. had to get an IV all she had was stomach flu thank goodness. She's almost 100% better it's been a week but this is the sickest she has ever been. Oh and I do not give the flu shot to my children just fyi....i totally refuse. but just had to share with you all to let you k.kw how terribly ichy these daycare places can be...here a few er pics 103 fever and not eating but still able to remain happy and friendly...but  

by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww I hope she feels better fast
Gonzo318
by Rachelle on May. 17, 2015 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor baby I'm glad she's ok!
bresmommy21
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope shes better!!! I do agree that a lot of daycare can carry nasty illness, but my LO was playing in a sprinkler on Mothers Day and caught a cold. She does not go to daycare, she is home cared. I would look into your state guidelines for daycare and make sure they are within regulations.

Azure
by Representative on May. 20, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Poor baby.  Hope she feels better asap. How many workers are in the daycare?

fungirl09
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Aww poor little Emma! sure hope she gets better quick :( Tionna is in daycare too we first tried a license home childcare but I just did not get the *ease* feeling & within 2-weeks I gave notice. She seem pretty nice & accommadated my flex schedule & I loved her *set up* however, I was getting the feeling that my girly was being restricted play pen/high chair/swing. She also had 5 kids when I started but within a week more & more kids were there. Her license was 7 with 1 being infant spot (my spot) My hours were short 8:30-1:00pm. I started doing a *early pick up* between 11:45- 12:30 and 2 days straight I was told she had fallen asleep in the high chair & she just didn't want to wake her!! My older daughter had 1-day off (9years old) & said that she didn't let the little one down to play they either stayed in the play pen or swing. She also told me her license was increasing to 14 kids.

I talked to her about it but just was not comfortable I gave her the required 2-weeks notice & took the 2-weeks off work. Now she is at a center which SHE loves! She walks in, takes her coat off & says bye bye mama :) The ratio is 6 toddlers 2 teachers. They have this neat app called precious status everything is done in real time. I know when/what & how much she eats/sleeps/diaper... & I also get pics throughou the day.Today she was low on diapers so a message came across while I was picking up a few items at Target so I just grab diapers before pick up. It was hard going back to work after being home with her the for 14months but this has helped a lot.

Baby4us09
by Rebecca on May. 21, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Check to see if she is licensed . Also if she is what is her license for. 4 infants seems to be a lot.
Children get sick. It may not be that her place is icky per se but that she is getting use to new germs and new environment.
biberonka
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2015 at 2:50 PM

I'm sorry :( Sebastian's been at daycare every day since he was 6 MO. He gets sick, gets better, and gets sick again. He got RSV 2 times this Spring, 1st one we had to go to the hospital for 3 days, 2nd we treated at home. He goes to an actual daycare center and even though their standards (at least here) are higher when it comes to hygiene than a home-based daycare (I swear Sebastian stinks like bleach when I pick him up every day), don't forget that kids their age don't understand basic hygiene like not licking, coughing, sneezing, etc. on the other kids... It just comes with the territory, but it does suck big time when you're the parent...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)