Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It works!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Mel
  • 9 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

My weight had been yo-yoing between 149 and 147 until i started doing PORTION CONTROL. It is ALOT smaller than what I used to eat...so it was hard and still is. 

For the past 2 days I have been eating using portion control and eating 3 meals at 8, 1, and 6.

I have lost 4 pounds in 2 days! And I realized it takes a lot less than I was eating to make me feel full. I was just eating out of boredom before. 

YAY (: 145!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MiKaLa881
by Mikala on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Awesome job!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsallen3912
by Shay on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM

fantastic! im going to try that :)

DavonnaC
by Davonna on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Good job!! I need to do that!

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

portion control is a biggie for me. Even if I find something healthy I keep eating it long after I am full!

trfgirl56701
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Good job. I need to work harder on my portion control. I always forget that the serving size is WAY smaller than what I eat :(

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM

What amazes me about serving size though - my 4 year old usually eats more than 1 of what they call a "serving" and he is UNDERWEIGHT - like the 5th percentile. Like Ramen noodles - one package says 2 servings. He will eat a whole package by himself. Sometimes I dont get serving sizes! It is so frustrating! Ok mini-rant over.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Good job. I need to work harder on my portion control. I always forget that the serving size is WAY smaller than what I eat :(

Seximama23
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM

WOOHOO!!! Thats awesome. I yo yo between 240-245 and it gets annoying. I did portion control and made sure I ate all my servings of stuff and then hubby got bored with eating right ugh. lol

Proud-mama-05
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM

That's my problem my hubby and kids (well my middle 2) don't like "good for you" foods and if the other 2 kids see daddy and brothers eating "yummy food" they want that not what mommy has. I can't bring myself to cook 2 seperate meals so I usually just end up eating what they eat or a frozen Lean Cuisine or something ugh

Quoting Seximama23:

WOOHOO!!! Thats awesome. I yo yo between 240-245 and it gets annoying. I did portion control and made sure I ate all my servings of stuff and then hubby got bored with eating right ugh. lol

Seximama23
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Yeah I hear ya, my hubby hardly eats all day, then junks out at night. I try to stay strong but sometimes I fail. But because my husband and I have two different views on healthy foods, I like salad and yogurt he does not. So I am doing this for me and my family, my guys usually eat what I cook...so if I have to I will sneak in good food somewhere lol
Quoting Proud-mama-05:

That's my problem my hubby and kids (well my middle 2) don't like "good for you" foods and if the other 2 kids see daddy and brothers eating "yummy food" they want that not what mommy has. I can't bring myself to cook 2 seperate meals so I usually just end up eating what they eat or a frozen Lean Cuisine or something ugh

Quoting Seximama23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)