Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early most mornings, I'm startled out of a deep sleep after several night-wakings from my daughter, by the distinct sound of her two small feet stomping with vigor and determination down the hallway toward me. And then, before I can muster enough energy to bury my head further into the pillow and that blissful slumber I'm being torn from, before I can even take my first full waking breath, there it is: That ridiculously adorable face, those beautiful, twinkling eyes, sooo awake. There are those freckles, stalking my heavy eyelids, that mass of tangled hair that will take 15 minutes and 30 screams to untangle before our day can really begin. There is the reason I have not slept for years, those ten perfect toes with a rainbow of chipping polish on each tiny nail, that round growling belly that needs to be fed quickly, and that filthy, beloved stuffed Piggy held tightly beside it, like a conjoined twin of the most disturbing kind. All this, in my tired face.

Yeah, I am tired. But who isn't? So, I wonder, how do we mamas get ourselves up and going each morning? Our selves. Because we do rise and shine somehow, no matter how much we might be yearning for just a tiny bit more time to dream of safari vacations or a personal chef.

For me, step 1 is to take a few minutes (preferably still in bed) to think about the day ahead. Clear my head of fuzz, and focus on the things I need to get done and how I'll do them. Step 2. Coffee. Step 3. Food. This is very important. We need something that will fill us up for the craziness of our day ahead. And, I need something that's quick and healthy. More than anything, it must be safe for my kid with life threatening food allergies, and yummy. Usually, we enjoy oats with cinnamon and tons of fruit, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Sometimes with a side of bacon.

And it's Go Time!

How do you get up and face the day?

© iStockphoto.com/Dejan Ristovski

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-41):
slw123
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I get up first, shower, wake up my husband.  Start lunches, wake up the kids, make breakfast, get them brushing their teeth and stuff, then it's out the door time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)