Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take Time To Workout At Home

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

Trying to find time for yourself to exercise when you have kids is a hard one, whether you are a SAHM/WAHM/Work-out-of-the-house Mom. I have been all three of the above and there's no doubt about it. Time is scarce on a good day, and sometimes us Moms feel guilt for taking time for ourselves.

Finding time to workout doesn't have to involve a babysitter, or a Dad who is home to wrangle the kids while you work on your booty. Wake up before the kids (my favorite), and wait until they're asleep, and pop in a workout DVD. There are some really good ones (Jillian Michaels comes to mind) that take between 20-30 minutes. You get a good workout in without sacrificing an hour or more of your time.

(Side note: I run or work out six days a week and my midsection looks nothing at all like that stock photo.)

Do you use any workout DVDs or programs? Do you have any to suggest for the rest of us? I'm always looking for recommendations.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I workout at home to music. 

MichelleK41
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM

If I get in any workout at home its playing outdoors with the kids.

goddess99
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I used to do advanced Tae-Bo every day at home, but that was before I became a mom. Now I just don't have the motivation.

dusky_rose
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I walk my dog 3 to 4 times a day and have taken up bike riding with my son again (got a new bike). I like to work out on my Wii. I have Wii Fit Plus, Just Dance and Your Shape featuring Jenny McCarthy. If you decide to get Your Shape, you need to make sure that you have plenty of room to make sure that you show up on the camera correctly.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I have Wii Fit, but I've never used it.  My dd has Just Dance 4, which is fun!

Madelaine
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I like to go for walks.

Madelaine
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too!

Quoting MichelleK41:

If I get in any workout at home its playing outdoors with the kids.

sukainah
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I don't have any DVD's or programs.  But I do have a Gazelle.  It's dusty...(hanging my head down in shame)

sukainah
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I don't have motivation either. :-(

Quoting goddess99:

I used to do advanced Tae-Bo every day at home, but that was before I became a mom. Now I just don't have the motivation.

sukainah
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I used to do a Belly Dancing exercise video.  It was fun.  I wasn't very good at it but I could feel how it could be working after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)