Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A friend shared this recipe and I thought I'd try it out for you guys (and myself).

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp butter or margarine

A packet of instant oatmeal

One egg

Directions:

1. Melt the butter or margarine in a frying pan, keep the temperature on low.

2. Mix the oatmeal and egg together and let them sit for about 30 minutes.

3. Spread it in the frying pan and flip when you feel the first side is done

4. Cook the other side and them remove to a plate.

They're not your usual light and fluffy pancake, but they're tasty and a healthy breakfast option. Plus, the egg adds a little more protein to your breakfast.

Do you have any easy breakfast recipes you'd like to share with us?

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
mrswillie
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:48 AM

hmmmm...Not sure I would like that.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Interesting combo.

kellynh
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Looks easy!! 

slw123
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Interesting!  The only problem is that we don't buy instant oatmeal, too much sugar, but I wonder if it would work with quick oats.

joeannaanthony
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Simple to make,  good to taste and excellent for health. Oatmeal has high levels of fiber, low levels of fat, and high levels of protein. It also stays in your stomach longer, making you feel full longer.  You will have less hunger and cravings thus controlling your weight too.

1frog
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM

These look good to try.  If you don't have a lot of time in the morning, why not put these together while coffee is brewing, you're in the shower, getting you're little one up, etc.  There are lots of times they can sit while you do something else.  You do not just have to twiddle  your thumbs and waste that time.  They sound like they don't take much cooking time, so that would help, and if you're that pressed, you can probably eat it in the car on the way to wherever.

1frog
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM

They make a lower sugar alternative to instant oatmeal now.  I'm diabetic and have to be careful how I balance all that stuff, so I can sympathize.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)