Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just One Thing

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

You know how a mom's "To Do" list is endless? And by this I mean that no matter how many things we moms (or, dare I say, even Super Moms) get done each day, the list is still there and still so long. In fact, it's always still GROWING. That's just life, right? And yeah, we can handle it. That's how we roll. We just keep getting it all done, and keep going and going. Moms are pretty awesome.

But here's my question today. Is there anything on that list that you PRIORITIZE, that you make sure you get done, like having a "playdate" with friends or time for hobbies, that is just for YOU? Just one thing? Even just once a week? For me, I won't lie, the answer is a pathetic no. Sure, I do things for myself every day like try to look decent and eat healthy food and get some sleep, but those are just basic survival things. And I can't say I manage them daily, ha! Nothing I prioritize for myself is a treat, like getting a pedicure, or making time for culture or friends. But seriously, even my dog gets most of these things prioritized on my "To Do" list, so why not me?

Now that I've become aware of this issue- after a mere 4.5 years of being a stay-at-home-mom, thank you very much - I think it's time to change my ways and try to make 1 thing on my list be for me. Just one thing. Once a week. How hard can that be? And I am pretty sure I'll be a better mom and person for doing it. Now I just have to figure out what that thing will be. I think it will probably be something that changes every week... Any suggestions are welcome!

What 1 nice thing a week do you do or wish you did for yourself?

© iStockphoto.com/YuriArcurs

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM

i try to make time to sew. i don't do it every day but i enjoy it and try to complete a few things when i can.

mrswillie
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

get in the jaccuzzi

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I need to start doing something for myself.I don't really do anything right now.

GwenMB
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I do little things, like taking time to sit at the computer & get a little adult time.  I do volunteer things that get me out of the house & are enjoyable.  I don't really do anything that is strictly just for me, though.

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I like to read without interruptions. I also like to browse the Internet. Watch a good movie. I'm behind on my movie watching, lol

Rushn311
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I wish I could get a massage weekly

4kidz916
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Cooking is relaxing for me so I like to do that.  And this time of year gardening and taking long walks.

sukainah
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I really don't do anything for myself.  It's always something that needs to be done for the family.

I guess getting on Cafemom is just for me though.

lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I usually take time to craft and go shopping by myself.

sukainah
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

These are things I like to do without interruption too, but there are always interruptions LOL

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I like to read without interruptions. I also like to browse the Internet. Watch a good movie. I'm behind on my movie watching, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)