Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know how a mom's "To Do" list is endless? And by this I mean that no matter how many things we moms (or, dare I say, even Super Moms) get done each day, the list is still there and still so long. In fact, it's always still GROWING. That's just life, right? And yeah, we can handle it. That's how we roll. We just keep getting it all done, and keep going and going. Moms are pretty awesome.

But here's my question today. Is there anything on that list that you PRIORITIZE, that you make sure you get done, like having a "playdate" with friends or time for hobbies, that is just for YOU? Just one thing? Even just once a week? For me, I won't lie, the answer is a pathetic no. Sure, I do things for myself every day like try to look decent and eat healthy food and get some sleep, but those are just basic survival things. And I can't say I manage them daily, ha! Nothing I prioritize for myself is a treat, like getting a pedicure, or making time for culture or friends. But seriously, even my dog gets most of these things prioritized on my "To Do" list, so why not me?

Now that I've become aware of this issue- after a mere 4.5 years of being a stay-at-home-mom, thank you very much - I think it's time to change my ways and try to make 1 thing on my list be for me. Just one thing. Once a week. How hard can that be? And I am pretty sure I'll be a better mom and person for doing it. Now I just have to figure out what that thing will be. I think it will probably be something that changes every week... Any suggestions are welcome!

What 1 nice thing a week do you do or wish you did for yourself?

© iStockphoto.com/YuriArcurs

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-38):
ceciliam
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

To do something crafty.

CityGardenMom
by CafeMom Blogger on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Me too!!

sukainah
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I WISH I could sleep in lol

kellynh
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Paint my nails 

batjmom
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I do an hour a day on my elliptical.  That really is my quite and my me time. I watch my favorite shows on the DVR at that time too.

SAMI_JO
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

No I never do ANYTHING just for me.

I wish that I could go get a mani/pedi once a month. But it is not in the budget or on the to do list.

SAMI_JO
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I would love to go pee without someone beating on the door, hurry up, I need you.

slw123
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I always do something nice for myself each week, if I can help it.  Whether it's just going to the gym, a hair appt.  This week it is a day at the beach with some girlfriends while the kids are in school  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)