Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy Days

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies

Moms don't have too many days in the year that are NOT crazy, do we? There is always so much going on: laundry to do, meals to cook, messes to clean, people to listen to and care for and worry about. There is also always not enough time to do it all, and not enough time - or any time at all, sometimes- left for relaxing, soaking in the joys of the day and of your family, and catching your breath.

When I first became a mom, this was a hard adjustment to me. I was used to having time to do everything I wanted. Work at a job I loved, see friends all the time, go out wherever, whenever, read a lot, relax often, try new things, shop, sleep. Going from that to basically, well, the opposite of that took some time for me to get used to. But now, not only am I totally used to it (what does "sleeping in" even mean? My 4 year old tells me it means sleeping past sunrise, ha!) I have embraced it.

I've grown to love and thrive off of the sleepy haze I exist in; how else can I ignore the constant chaos in my house? Or have an excuse for drinking all that coffee and eating all that chocolate? And the constant noise and chatter: who needs to finish a sentence when I can't even finish a full thought without 15 new ones popping in my head? This is a skill I've learned from my little one and, wow, is it wonderful. And the paint and crayon and stickers and glitter all over everything I own, I've come to see as welcome new color in my life- no need for hiring a decorator or buying expensive wallpaper or fancy clothes! As for living in imaginary play land all day, well, the days and nights are more fun and memorable with non-stop visits from dragons and fairies, aren't they?  

Do you miss your calmer, quieter past, or do you love the crazy chaos of motherhood?

© iStockphoto.com/Acik

by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I miss the calmer days but I make sure we still have them

sukainah
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I miss my calmer, quieter past, but I want that with being a mother.

MichelleK41
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I do miss the calmer days but would not trade my moments of motherhood for anything. =)

goddess99
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

My past was just as crazy, I bartended. I miss it.

timon95
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

who says my past was calm and quiet? I wouldn't trade these crazy days in for anything - love them and my kids!

slw123
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I miss the days when the kids were little and we were at home every day.  Now they are both in school.  I'm working 2 part time jobs and on top of that running them around to all of their activities.  I am exhausted.

dusky_rose
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I don't even remember those calmer days. Then again, I've been mom since 1990. My oldest dd will be 23 in September.

KaylaMillar
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I don mind he chaos but every now and then a quiet day would be nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I only miss my sleep.  I don't mind the crazy days.

Rushn311
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Sometimes I wish I had no responsibilities except for school, but that's for a second. I am happy with my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)