Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms don't have too many days in the year that are NOT crazy, do we? There is always so much going on: laundry to do, meals to cook, messes to clean, people to listen to and care for and worry about. There is also always not enough time to do it all, and not enough time - or any time at all, sometimes- left for relaxing, soaking in the joys of the day and of your family, and catching your breath.

When I first became a mom, this was a hard adjustment to me. I was used to having time to do everything I wanted. Work at a job I loved, see friends all the time, go out wherever, whenever, read a lot, relax often, try new things, shop, sleep. Going from that to basically, well, the opposite of that took some time for me to get used to. But now, not only am I totally used to it (what does "sleeping in" even mean? My 4 year old tells me it means sleeping past sunrise, ha!) I have embraced it.

I've grown to love and thrive off of the sleepy haze I exist in; how else can I ignore the constant chaos in my house? Or have an excuse for drinking all that coffee and eating all that chocolate? And the constant noise and chatter: who needs to finish a sentence when I can't even finish a full thought without 15 new ones popping in my head? This is a skill I've learned from my little one and, wow, is it wonderful. And the paint and crayon and stickers and glitter all over everything I own, I've come to see as welcome new color in my life- no need for hiring a decorator or buying expensive wallpaper or fancy clothes! As for living in imaginary play land all day, well, the days and nights are more fun and memorable with non-stop visits from dragons and fairies, aren't they?  

Do you miss your calmer, quieter past, or do you love the crazy chaos of motherhood?

© iStockphoto.com/Acik

by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-29):
sanj1213
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I miss those quiet days. 

sanj1213
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I also enjoy the crazy chaos of motherhood. 

sanj1213
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Me too:)

Quoting Madelaine:

I like both

sanj1213
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

This:)

Quoting MichelleK41:

I do miss the calmer days but would not trade my moments of motherhood for anything. =)

sanj1213
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Lol I miss my sleep too!

Quoting LOswald0314:

I only miss my sleep.  I don't mind the crazy days.

.Angelica.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM

both. I do miss the peace and quiet, but I wouldn't trade my kids for anything.

pkrengel
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Completely understand. When you are living in the middle of the craziness you dream of calmer days. My daughter and I have wonderful memories laughing about those days. Enjoy every minute because in a blink of an eye they are all grown up!  Then a new craziness emerges and energies get refocused and your time gets filled up again helping others and you find you actually love it that way.

elasmimi
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM

A little of both

pecanswirl49
by New Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Me too i love it when they come to you and mom i hungry with the cute little smiles.  But now them days are over for me..... its time to b grandma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)