Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Work Out With Your Spouse?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies

As I've written about before, I am a runner. I also attend a strength boot camp class and hike/walk/etc. My husband is a basketball star, and likes to lift weights at the gym. When we moved to our small town twelve years ago, there were no fitness classes offered. I thought I'd try running, so he bought me a book on running and ran with me until I could run without stopping. As soon as I could do that, he quit, because he "hates running."

He's added some speed intervals to his workout and has decided that he wants to run in our town's 10K race in June. He could probably run it without any training whatsoever, because he is naturally athletic (NOT FAIR) and has long legs. He's decided to run the course with me once a week until race day and last Friday was our first go at it. He ran at my pace, and it was great to have the company.

I don't think that that this will be a regular deal after the race, as he can run much faster than I can, but it's fun for now. We still have hiking and biking that we share, so there's that.

How about you? Do you work out with your spouse or significant other?

by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texassahm
by New Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I want to, but our schedules don't jibe right now.  Probably this summer we will.  I'm a teacher and he's working from home now, so summertime should be just right for starting!

TerriC
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:34 AM

No, unfortunately.  I wish.  We used to go on walks but he has very bad feet and may be facing surgery so we have not been able to go on walks let alone exercise, sadly.

4kidz916
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I don't have a spouse to workout with.

elasmimi
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM

No, neither of us work out.

.Angelica.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM

neither of us work out. :/ lol

timon95
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM

no we do not. he would drive me crazy - thinks he knows it all and would constantly be telling be telling me how i need to be doing everything and what i need to do. if we worked out together it would not end well.

goddess99
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
We walk together.
candycrush
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Actually we do. We go to the gym together about 5 days a week.

Madelaine
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Nope

Madelaine
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Our schedules are opposite right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)