Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Ever Done Yoga?

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 27 Replies

I have two good friends -- both runners like me -- who have recently beed sidelined by back/hip injuries. One has been working on her core strength with exercises prescribed by her physical therapist, and the other one has taken up yoga until she can run again.

I tried yoga once, via an exercise DVD, and was horribly bored. I love (LOVE) cardio, mixed with strength exercises. This is why I love running, and my strength boot camp class, and hiking up steep inclines. Yoga seems so ... tame. I've heard that's not the case, and I've yet to go to an actual class, so I'm definitely not the expert on this topic.

Have you tried yoga? Do you do yoga regularly? Should I try a class, or will it put me to sleep?

by on May. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Yes, I like yoga. A class with a good teacher would make a difference. I never found it boring because it has a long history, and also I learned to listen to my body and mind.

goddess99
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I've done yoga but just at home with a video as well. I haven't done it in years. Never went to a class.

4kidz916
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I've never tried it but I'd love to learn.  It looks so relaxing.

mrswillie
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Nope

candycrush
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

No, but our gym offers a class and I've been thinking about checking it out.

LancesMom
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Ahahahahaha

If I could get into one of the poses, you'd never get me out of it.

So no I have never tried yoga. =)

But no harm in trying one just to see!

Reina13
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I did try yoga and like the previous poster said, I WAS hard pressed to get out of one of the positions, but I tell you what...yoga will kick your butt. I was very much like you thinking I would be bored. To be honest, it was my 'let's pretend Im really working out' day and decided to try a free class that I was offered. NEVER AGAIN!! At least while I am in as bad of shape as I am. That stuff is hard. I was aching in places I didnt know I could ache in the next day.

Based on what you have said, you seemed to be really physically fit so Im sure you could do it, but be prepared to be surprised. It is harder than it looks.

Reina13
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I love this answer..lol

Quoting LancesMom:

Ahahahahaha

If I could get into one of the poses, you'd never get me out of it.

So no I have never tried yoga. =)

But no harm in trying one just to see!

lalasmama2007
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Nope

elasmimi
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I tried it once, and became extremely nauseated. Had to stop. Checked it out, and found that it is sometimes caused by gallstones, which I do have. I wish I could do it, it really seems soothing, not to mention good for muscle tone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)