Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

Posted by   + Show Post

Fifteen years ago, when I first started exercising and eating more healthy, I loved being able to watch the number on the scale get smaller and smaller. I went from having to buy clothing sizes in the double digits to being able to buy clothing sizes in the single digits. I also got into the habit of weighing myself daily.

Some might say that it keeps yu in check, but as the years went by, it made me a little bit crazy. If I lost a pound, it made my DAY. If I gained a pound, it totally brought me down. All of this emotion over a ONE POUND difference. I finally decided to stop weighing myself.

I have friends who take thwir measurements regularly, but that would drive me nuts as well. Instead, I exercise and eat well, and go by the fit of my clothes. Last month, I was able to get into a pair of capris that had been too snug to wear (See: I couldn't even do them up) for the last two years. I could very well weight more than I did then, because different workouts work different muscle groups and your body changes.

Regardless, I refuse to step on the scale, because I'd rather revel in the fact that my favorite capris fit that worry over a number on the scale.

How about you? Do you rely on the scale to measure your weight? Or do you use measurements? Or have you set your scale on fire like I did?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-31):
jbgrah19
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM

i tend to not weigh myself that often.  for me its more about how my clothes fit or the energy and stamina that i have.  i used to obsess a lot more about the numbers, now i focus on other things.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)