Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding Wonders

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 27 Replies

Two years ago, Kiddo was a flower girl in my brother-in-law's wedding. She did fantastic at her given job, received loads of oohs and aahs (even when she forgot to toss any of the flowers except at the very end of the wedding ceremony).

The hours up to the big event and then the hours after the I dos are full and busy...and sometimes not so kid-friendly. Whether your kids are part of the wedding party or there just as guests, you may need to set up some fun adventures for them to enjoy as the rest of you get primped (or wait for that bride to finish getting ready and walk down the aisle).

-- Make a family tree. Ideal if this is a family wedding, bring some paper and pencils and have your kids create a family tree...so cool to label Aunt Nancy's branch as she's sitting across the table. 

-- Before you go, print out the roles of key folks with three lines by them. As they discover who the best man is or the mother of the groom, have them write down three words to describe them.

-- Create an I Spy scavenger list. I saw this over on BridalMusings.com and love this idea. Include things like a wedding topper, a big hug, five pairs of high heels, certain color ties, and so on. Think big, small and everything in between to keep them busy for most of the event.

-- Make a memory book for the bride and groom. Have a nice journal ready and ask them to record what happens - with pictures they draw or by asking folks a question and including it among the pages.

Are you headed to a wedding anytime soon? What fun adventures do your kids create at weddings?

ŠiStockphoto.com/STUDIObleu 

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM

No weddings for us. lol

goddess99
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I've never brought my dd to a wedding. We were invited to a couple this summer but we aren't going.

sukainah
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Those are good ideas.  I won't be going to any weddings soon, though.

dusky_rose
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

These are great ideas! We have no weddings to go to in the foreseeable future.

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

No.  I haven't been to a wedding in over 2 years.  Sadly, I know more people getting divorced than married.

Sisteract
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

All the nephews and nieces are getting married. My kids are in their 20s and were in several weddings along the way.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM
We went to a wedding last weekend. The kids just have fun dancing. It was a 3hr trip and stayed overnight the night before so they slept and had fun at hotel.
TheBabyFactory4
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
My SIL got married last may and my 8yo was her flower girl and in January my brother got married. My 6yo was their ring bearer.
ceciliam
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

No weddings, here.

kellynh
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM

No weddings for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)