Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two years ago, Kiddo was a flower girl in my brother-in-law's wedding. She did fantastic at her given job, received loads of oohs and aahs (even when she forgot to toss any of the flowers except at the very end of the wedding ceremony).

The hours up to the big event and then the hours after the I dos are full and busy...and sometimes not so kid-friendly. Whether your kids are part of the wedding party or there just as guests, you may need to set up some fun adventures for them to enjoy as the rest of you get primped (or wait for that bride to finish getting ready and walk down the aisle).

-- Make a family tree. Ideal if this is a family wedding, bring some paper and pencils and have your kids create a family tree...so cool to label Aunt Nancy's branch as she's sitting across the table. 

-- Before you go, print out the roles of key folks with three lines by them. As they discover who the best man is or the mother of the groom, have them write down three words to describe them.

-- Create an I Spy scavenger list. I saw this over on BridalMusings.com and love this idea. Include things like a wedding topper, a big hug, five pairs of high heels, certain color ties, and so on. Think big, small and everything in between to keep them busy for most of the event.

-- Make a memory book for the bride and groom. Have a nice journal ready and ask them to record what happens - with pictures they draw or by asking folks a question and including it among the pages.

Are you headed to a wedding anytime soon? What fun adventures do your kids create at weddings?

ŠiStockphoto.com/STUDIObleu 

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-27):
4kidz916
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

No weddings for us anytime soon. 

mrswillie
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Quoting kellynh:

Last one I went to,he kids had a great time dancing

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

We went to a wedding last weekend. The kids just have fun dancing. It was a 3hr trip and stayed overnight the night before so they slept and had fun at hotel.

I think most kids love dancing, especially when others are doing it also.

mrswillie
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Well it's unanimous, no weddings on CM. lol.

Madelaine
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Nope!

elasmimi
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Great ideas.

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM
We haven't had any weddings to go to in several years. Fun ideas tho!
johnny4ever
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM

No wedding in my future

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)