Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideal Scavenger Hunt: BBQ Edition

Posted by   + Show Post

Backyards. Friends and family. "Kiss the cook" apron. All things you find at a BBQ, right? Summertime is primetime for firing up those grills, gathering the peeps and having a meal outdoors. Anyone planning a big soiree for the Fourth of July or heading to one? It's next week, you know...this month totally flew by!

Your kids love those BBQ parties too, but sometimes, when you are chatting and after running around for three hours, they may wonder what to do. It's a perfect opportunity to have one of my favorite types of play. Yup, you know it. You love it. Say it with me: Scavenger hunt! Make a few copies of this list to pass to all of the kids or create a big list on the driveway with chalk so they can check off everything they find.

-- Tongs

-- Tin foil

-- Corn on the cob holders

-- Checkered Tablecloth

-- Buns

-- Bug spray

-- BBQ sauce

-- Messy hands and faces

-- Coolers

-- Hot dogs

-- A big stain on a shirt or dress

-- Someone taking pictures with a phone

-- Cheeseburgers

-- Chopped veggie toppers (onions/tomatoes)

-- Paper plates

-- Flies

-- People laughing

-- Dads in shorts

-- Sandals

-- Slip-n-slide

-- Painted toenails

-- Sunglasses

Are you having any BBQs or grill-outs soon? What do you serve? What do the kids do?

ŠiStockphoto.com/jgroup

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-25):
timon95
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

no cook outs for us until I swap out the propane tank. we usually cook burgers, dogs, brats or steak or chicken

Bmat
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Are the kids supposed to collect these items or just find them?  I'm thinking there will be kiddies who check the list that they found them but maybe didn't.

MamaMandee
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

What a great idea! We mostly just hang out in the pool. 

TerriC
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Still hoping the rain goes away.  This will be the 1st Fourth of July with rain since I moved here.  =-(

aneela
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM

we hope to attend a cookout soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)