• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DIY Headband Holder

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 367 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I’ve been meaning to make a headband holder for my girls since forever and finally had a chance today! On the left is one of my complete no sew holders. I made two of these today (one set for each daughter) but once you figure out what needs to be done it’s fairly simple.

I have seen this style with just the top part and obviously since I make hair accessories for a living (headturnerboutique.com-check it out!) I needed more space so I added the bottom section. I think I may add a third sometime as well. I also plan to add two white hooks on the very bottom for their pony holders.

I figured I will share how I did it with step-by step pix and instructions. Hope it’s all easily understood! Let me know if you have any questions:)

What you need:

1 roll of paper towel per section

measuring tape

scissors

embellishment for ends (can be buttons flowers etc.)

glue gun

material (app. 19″ x 22″ for each roll)

4.25 feet of ribbon (not pictured)

———-

You want to get your paper towel roll to about 5-5.25″, so unroll the excess until you get to desired width

Glue down the last paper

Start by gluing an edge to the roll. It’s ok if this side is fraying from the cut, later you will cover it.

Roll it towards the other end leaving a few inches for the next part.

Instead of sewing a seam to prevent fraying at this end, just fold over a tiny bit and glue it down.

Now bring up that edge and glue it over the other one, covering it with the nice section you just created.

Tuck in all the ends by pleating, gluing then pushing the edges into the hole.

Try to do this as taught as possible.

It should look something like this.

Now is when you add the ribbon.

It’s all personal taste but these are my measurements.

To hold the two rolls I used about 8″ on either end. Just glue the ends and tuck them into the holes.

For the hanging portion I used about 35″ of which you glue and tuck them into the roll you deem will be the top.

Glue your embellishment to the ends of the rolls.

Here I chose silk flowers. If you noticed in the above picture, the centers here are Chrystal as opposed to the yellow it came with. I took apart the flower and switched it the the crystal which I liked better for this project.

Finally! The finished product.

And here it is with headbands.

Original Link 
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommieCotter42
by Lauren-Head Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I like the holder but I think I would want to fun something other them paper towel rolls. I feel like that is a waste of paper towels.
mikemantha
by Mary-Co Owner on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM

That's what I thought too when I scrolled down. I was thinking oatmeal containers would be the same size and I've seen them used for stand up headband storage. 

Quoting MommieCotter42:

I like the holder but I think I would want to fun something other them paper towel rolls. I feel like that is a waste of paper towels.

MommieCotter42
by Lauren-Head Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Lol I thought oatmeal containers too

Quoting mikemantha:

That's what I thought too when I scrolled down. I was thinking oatmeal containers would be the same size and I've seen them used for stand up headband storage. 

Quoting MommieCotter42:

mikemantha
by Mary-Co Owner on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Lol... Do you remember the stand up headband holder made with oatmeal containers? I'm sure I posted that. I like those better but you need the counter space for that. So for us this one would work better. No counter space in the bathrooms :( 

Quoting MommieCotter42:

Lol I thought oatmeal containers too

Quoting mikemantha:

Quoting MommieCotter42:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)