Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I have had it!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

OMG! I have had it.  Since my father in law moved into our inlaws suite in our home...our utilities have doubled (although he insists this isnt his fault), we cannot even enjoy our home anymore.  He brought 7 chiihhuahuas with him that are mean and the kids cannot even be outside and he yells (in his freaking accent that I am growing sick of..he is from south America), my husband is sick of him but like wont tell him how it is,  his newest thing that my husband let him do is put a fenced in area in our yard for his dogs.  So now he has locks all over the gates (so the meter readers cant even get in), and he made us get an alarm system because the arse is paranoid someone is going to break in (no one has ever broken into a home on our block ever...) I just want my house back...oh wait did I mention he screams so loud on his videophone that me and the kids cant even hang out in our family room which is adjacent to the inlaws suite and we have to go upstairs to my room to enjoy TV or whatever.  He has been here a year now.  I am not supposed to say anything but I am growing tired of the arse..it has killed my marriage because I cant even enjoy my house now.  Oh and the women he brings in..uggh....I know he is paying rent to live here but way overstepping his bounds...okay I have to go clean and maybe simmer down...,

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrsjksimmons
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Tell your DH to grow a pair and tell his dad like it is or you're gone. I wouldn't put up with that crap. You can't enjoy YOUR home. It's not like you live in FIL's house. He lives in yours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Oh he thinks its his house and he can do whatever he wants.  He has never had rules..he grew up thinking the world revolved around him...it is really breaking up my husband and I,

ACDC_fan
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Your marriage may well be on the line because of this. YOUR FIL ABSOLUTELY MUST BE TOLD THESE THINGS! and your hubby can get mad all he likes. this is already a serious issue, it's not right and will only get worse if you let the anger fester, hon =/

.oOMellyOo.
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Find a nice apartment and tell him so long. You're at a cross road FIL or your marriage. I think its time you had a long heart to heart with both FIL and your DH.

WonderWoman22
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

OMG....this is OUTRageous.

It is high- time for you and your husband to sit down and communicate about a way to resolve these matters. Initially, this situation should have never gotten this far, but now that is has. Some descisions must be decided upon. Dear fil needs to be sat down and told in a NON-OFFENSIVE way that this behavior is not acceptable and is disrupting the home and that some changes must be made otherwise he will not be allowed to rent from you guys anymore. ( i hope you arent depending on the rent money )

I would try in a peaceful way to make him understand how it is affecting the general well being of your home. Give fil a chance to make things better.

if not then Dh will need to stand up and tell his father this living arrangement is not working out and he will have to move out. I know this will cause hurtful feelings, sooo..tread lightly but make your expectations known be firm and be clear.

I hope this helps.:)

3xangel
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Quoting ACDC_fan:

Your marriage may well be on the line because of this. YOUR FIL ABSOLUTELY MUST BE TOLD THESE THINGS! and your hubby can get mad all he likes. this is already a serious issue, it's not right and will only get worse if you let the anger fester, hon =/

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)