Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

pushy religious people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I was outside doing yard work today and the phone rang. It was outside with me so I answered it. I'm on the phone with my mom trying to work out some details for this afternoon while supervising the 3 kids who were playing (2 mine 1 not) and covering a trench hubby had ran water lines through. So shovel in hand, eyes on kids and what I'm doing, holding the phone with my shoulder trying to do 3 things at once.
I see this man walking down my driveway. He walks over to where I am and tries to hand me a paper and tell me something. I turn my back on him and walk away still on the phone. He follows me, shoves the paper in my face, starts talking and he's going on and on about I'm sure whatever religion he believes in while I'm still on the phone trying to have a conversation! It was about setting up for a church event at that lol. I crumple the paper and throw it away and he is still following me talking!
Finally he gave up and went away but seriously, you aren't going to have anybody wanting to be around you and come see what you are talking about if you are so pushy! I'm a Christian but people like that just give the rest of us a bad name.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
psych_mom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM

As a Christian I don't like it when others do that to me either.

johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Yesterday at 7:22 AM
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I am a Christian and dont like it either

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:38 AM

i had jehovah witnesses keep coming to my door when i just had a baby..one day i saw them outside and blew a gasket, and started yelling my head off about those goddamn inconsiderate idiots who come around here after they've been told not to!!   They heard me, turned around, left, and never came back. 

.oOMellyOo.
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Did you say "no thank you"? We get a lot of people in our neighborhood that do this and if I answer the door and its one of them I just say "no thank you, I'm happy in my life" and shut the door. They walk away. Easy enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
The ones around here are extra pushy it seems. There was a woman who came and I told her no thank you I have my own church. So then she wanted to go into this whole conversation about how we are living in the end times. I told her I couldn't stop and talk right then because I was in the middle of making lunch for 4 kids (had 2 extras that day) and she just kept on trying to talk to me. I just walked inside and shut the door. I didn't want to do that yesterday though because the kids were outside still.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Did you say "no thank you"? We get a lot of people in our neighborhood that do this and if I answer the door and its one of them I just say "no thank you, I'm happy in my life" and shut the door. They walk away. Easy enough.

.oOMellyOo.
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Eeek! Seems like you have an extra push variety in your neighborhood!

Quoting Anonymous:

The ones around here are extra pushy it seems. There was a woman who came and I told her no thank you I have my own church. So then she wanted to go into this whole conversation about how we are living in the end times. I told her I couldn't stop and talk right then because I was in the middle of making lunch for 4 kids (had 2 extras that day) and she just kept on trying to talk to me. I just walked inside and shut the door. I didn't want to do that yesterday though because the kids were outside still.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)