Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

So I have 5 kids and not sure whether or not I am done with wanting more... My husband on the other hand told me that we were done with having kids... He didnt ask me if I was ready to quite but instead he just decided to make up my mind for me... He has known since day one that i have always wanted a big family and he told me that he was ok with that but now all of the sudden out of the blue he wants to decide for me on whether we will or will not have any more... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT... He could have at least given me the respect to ask me...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM

5 is a decent number.  It's better than him agreeing to a child he doesn't want.

Punkslilncs
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I know this is gonna sound bad, but are you a stay at home mom?

AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Stick with 5 or raise 6 alone...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brie78
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM

yes he could have but u need to see his side to maybe he cant handle more even if u think u can.maybe he cant

strangeyfine
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:35 AM

It's not like five kids is a small family. But he could have had an actual discussion with you about it. 

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Thats what I am wondering...Not that its a bad thing. I can only imagine the stress of providing for 5 let alone 6.

Quoting Punkslilncs:

I know this is gonna sound bad, but are you a stay at home mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:09 AM

how about foster care? They pay you for that....

psych_mom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Maybe he feels that five is a large family. Maybe he is starting to feel stressed and needs to take a break from baby making. He could be seeing the state of the economy and getting worried that this could eventually effect you guys and he wonders how he is going to support anymore. Did you ask him his reasoning for this?

AA2.0
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Five is hardly a small family...
AnnieMcD
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Women have every right to say "I'm done having kids" ... I don't understand why a man wouldn't have that same right. As the others have said, 5 kids is a pretty big family. Big enough that you need an extra large vehicle to take your whole family anywhere.
I don't know if you have asked him why he feels this way, but maybe you were too vague when you said a "large family" and he thought that meant 3-5 kids and you think it means 6 or more. Maybe he doesn't feel that his job will allow him to support another child. Maybe he just wants to be able to live alone with you before y'all are 60.
In the end it doesn't matter why he feels this way, he doesn't want another child. Try to be happy with what you've got.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)