Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crepy friend. help

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
One of my oldest friends is really starting to creep me out we first met when we were both 11 .from 11/16 we were bffs. She is mentally delayed. But I've always been OK with that she can't help it after all. Its part of her charm. Well after school we didn't see each other or talk again for ten years. ..she added me on fb and ever since she's been calling me sister and she even created a photo album of her family and put my picture in it. And titled it "my sis" .today she added a pic she made and it was a colage of pics of me and my son. Titled "my family" .she pms me everyday on fb like every ten mins "are you OK sis what you upto?" That kind of thing. Its sweet but its creepy at the same time. I told her that i lost my bff recently and im still grieving bad .the bff i lost was like a sister to me she was my rock for ten years .when i told my creepy friend she was upset that i even had another friend :-( .she wont let me talk about her at all .i understand that cf hasent had many friends in her life and i dont want her to feel the sense of loss i feel now so i cant cut her out of my life .I do care about her and don't want to cut her out but I wish there was a way I could tell her to back off abit without upsetting her. But she really thinks highly of me like I'm a sister to her. I don't want her to feel like I don't care. What do I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
babie113
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Its driving me crazy that I can't be honest with her and tell her why I'm so upset about my bffs death I can't even mention it to her. Let alone vent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM

why tiptoe around this person making yourself miserable?  Are you in that much fear of hurting her feelings? if so, get yourself some counseling to figure out why you have to put someone else's feelings above your own. 

psych_mom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

What is her mental disability? That could probably help us a lot if we knew that. I will say that whatever it is, it seems as if it interfers with her ability to understand relationship boundaries. You can block her from seeing any new pictures you put up so that she can't add those to her photo album. You can also log out of your FB chat and when she PMs you, don't answer right away. If you have messages sent to your phone, turn your alerts off.

babie113
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I'm not really sure I know it affects learning .

Quoting psych_mom:

What is her mental disability? That could probably help us a lot if we knew that. I will say that whatever it is, it seems as if it interfers with her ability to understand relationship boundaries. You can block her from seeing any new pictures you put up so that she can't add those to her photo album. You can also log out of your FB chat and when she PMs you, don't answer right away. If you have messages sent to your phone, turn your alerts off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)